Therapuetic Specialist - OOHC - Western Sydney
- Exciting opportunity to join a well renowned NFP organisation
- Utilise your Psychology, Counselling or Social Work background to create care plans for young people
- Permanent full-time role available!
Welfare Recruitment Solutions are delighted to announce that we have been approached by a leading Out of Home Care Provider to recruit a Therapeutic Specialist for their new Intensive Therapeutic Care (ITC) Programme. In this role, you will be working with young people in residential out of home care on a full-time permanent basis in the Western Sydney area. This is a Monday – Friday position, working normal business hours, however flexibility to work on occasion outside of these hours is highly regarded due to the nature of the work.
This position is responsible for guiding and supporting carer and staff interactions with children and young people in care, conducting assessments, developing behaviour support plans, therapeutic treatment plans and leading reflective practice to support carers and staff. you will ensure appropriate assessments procedures, risk assessment and therapeutic planning processes and outcome measurements and undertaken for each child.
In order be considered for this position you must have the following:
- Degree level qualification in Psychology or Counselling, Social Work or related field
- Current registration as a Psychologist or a higher degree in Psychology is preferred
- Experience in supervising other therapeutic staff
- Experience in completing assessments for children and young people
- Cognitive behavioural and behaviour change therapy application
- Driver license and own vehicle (reimbursements will be made for travel)
In return, you will be offered a base salary in the region of $85,000 - $95,000 + super + the benefits of salary packaging associated for working with an NFP organisation. The exact salary is to be negotiated on dependent upon experience and qualifications.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, the criteria regarding qualifications can be relaxed for such applicants.
To find out more about the role please call Ruth on 0412 993 363 or email your CV to Ruth@welfarers.com.au. Alternatively, please click “apply now” to declare your interest in this position.