We are on the lookout for a talented and self motivated Technical Release Manger to join our growing team. Who are Pinpoint?
A growing brand on an exciting journey, Pinpoint are an idhl
Connected Agency, an award-winning group of specialists and Prolific North’s #1 Digital Agency 2022!
Experts in eCommerce, specialists in Adobe Commerce. As an award-winning eCommerce agency, we develop websites and strategies that enhance performance and create unforgettable experiences.
Working with brands across the world, team Pinpoint support the likes of Casio, Osprey Europe, Nouveau Lashes and Sue Ryder. What are the benefits of working with us?
Employee well-being is high on our agenda. Our people are at the heart of everything we do and make us who we are. Ensuring you’re always well looked after, we offer:
Your role as Technical Release Manager:
- Performance based bonus
- Hybrid working (a mix of office and home based)
- Regular company events
- Employee perks portal
- Clear training and progression programme
- Company pension scheme & private health plan
- Additional Annual leave purchase scheme
- Team Welcome Lunch
- Quarterly company awards
- Plus many more (visit our company website)
Roles & Responsibilities
Pinpoint are on the lookout for a talented and self motivated Technical Release Manager to assist with ensuring the development teams have a clear path to production through our numerous internal and client facing environments; as well as monitoring and maintaining the quality of the build process. The role holds responsibility over all production and non-production client environments.
You will liaise with technical and client teams, both internal and external, to ensure the environments contain the right application builds, configuration and test data to ensure successful delivery; as well as proactively flagging issues or quality gaps and referring these to the correct teams across the business to rectify.
The role holder must be a proactive coordinator with great time and priority management, as well as being a tech-savvy individual, ideally with knowledge of devops.
Dependent on the candidate skills, there is also a possibility to be involved in a wider remit of devops across an array of internal and external processes, as well as automated testing framework responsibilities.
Key Performance Indicators
- Ability to diagnose environmental issues and identify the right team and actions for resolution
- Proactively identifying risks and implementing/influencing mitigation steps
- Client and internal deadlines being managed and met for releases
- Documentation for environments and underlying components
- Client satisfaction and confidence in releases
- Reduced time gap between QA completing and code being released to a client site
Your Duties and Responsibilities
Skills we'd like you to have:
- Manage and own the environments’ strategy and plan to meet the demands of the delivery projects
- Own the environments configuration strategy and its data - ensuring they are maintained, refreshed and recycled through their lifecycle
- Manage and oversee the release management life cycle for enterprise platforms inclusive of Magento stores and applications that support the ongoing wider business
- Liaising across the business, as well as with client representatives to ensure release requirements are well defined, scoped and scheduled
- Ownership of the tracking updates, upgrades and changes across our customer base whilst maintaining change logs for the development and business teams where required
- Ensuring release blockers are resolved to keep releases on track
- To own release greensheets / runbooks, implementation of steps, post deployment configuration and on-going activities to ensure a smooth release
- Ensure there is efficient use of available environments (reuse or decommission of environment when testing is complete)
- Engage and support project delivery teams for post release activities
- Document environments and underlying components to appropriate standards including integration points
- Support continuous improvement initiatives (keep abreast of industry trends, implement best practice, evaluate new tools and techniques, automate processes, and upgrade underlying technologies)
- Being a point of escalation for both developers and project managers
- Ability to progress tickets and support other team members when blocked with tasks
- Deliver high quality retainer and build project work; and support the evolution and implementation of best practice and standards
Skills we’d love you to have:
- Experience of managing multiple vendors so that the timely provision of environments and delivery of change is assured
- Experience of environment management and associated tools, methodologies and approaches
- Commercial experience with DevOps & CI/CD
- Working knowledge of development processes, with a knowledge of PHP application interdependencies, alongside general software engineering practices
- Experience of Git workflow and working knowledge of GitHub, BitBucket and GitLabs
- Experience in managing a suite of environments across multiple platforms
- Keeping high quality documentation regarding implementation
- Ability to break down internal and client requirements into logical steps and provide accurate estimates for implementation
- Time management skills – the ability to ensure deadlines are met and processes are followed when onboarding clients
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with an ability to plan and prioritise your own time and workload alongside the project management team to ensure all deadlines and deliverables are met on time and to the required standard
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and create rapport with colleagues, clients and management
- Provide positive contributions to a team-working environment, in relation to ideas, providing support to colleagues, building strong working relationships with colleagues, understanding internal roles and responsibilities
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and to use high levels of initiative to deliver results
- We are looking for someone who is as passionate, hard-working and has determination to succeed
Training and Development
- Previous experience with Magento 2 & understanding the pipeline for Magento 2 deployments
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools such as JIRA or Trello
- Experience with Jenkins Pipelines
- Any knowledge of Magento’s Cloud platform
- Experience with NewRelic, Blackfire.io, XDebug and other debugging tools
- Previous agency experience
- E-Commerce background
- Knowledge/Experience with headless/PWA solution/implementations
Investing in our people is of the utmost importance to us. Harnessing potential, we want to improve your job satisfaction and endeavour to support your career aspirations with our training and development programme.