We are on the lookout for a talented Dev Ops Engineer to join our growing team. Who are Pinpoint?
A growing brand on an exciting journey, Pinpoint are an idhl
Connected Agency, an award-winning group of specialists and Prolific North’s #1 Digital Agency 2022!
Experts in eCommerce, specialists in Adobe Commerce. As an award-winning eCommerce agency, we develop websites and strategies that enhance performance and create unforgettable experiences.
Working with brands across the world, team Pinpoint support the likes of Casio, Osprey Europe, Nouveau Lashes and Sue Ryder. What are the benefits of working with us?
Employee well-being is high on our agenda. Our people are at the heart of everything we do and make us who we are. Ensuring you’re always well looked after, we offer:
Location; Remote or Hybrid working options available Your role as Dev Ops Engineer: You will work collaboratively with the wider Pinpoint team to define, develop, maintain and deliver client solutions both to our hosted infrastructure and client’s hosted infrastructure.
- Performance based bonus
- Hybrid working (a mix of office and home based)
- Regular company events
- Employee perks portal
- Clear training and progression programme
- Company pension scheme & private health plan
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Free fruit and refreshments + monthly free sandwich Friday
- Quarterly company awards
- Plus many more (visit our company website)
In addition to delivery responsibilities, the dev ops engineering team will also act as an advocate for best practices and lead initiatives to improve deployment and management processes; alongside extending the use of tools/frameworks.
Key Performance Indicators
- Project delivery - ensuring developments happen on time
- Deployment processes within the business for clients across staging & production across multiple suppliers
- Standardising local environment setup
- Accuracy of UAT environments for client QA
- Commercial understanding of approach to deployment services & techniques
- Implement and provide guidance across solutions available to our clients
- Coordinating and using the following technologies:
What we'd like you to bring to the role:
- GitHub / Bitbucket / GitLab
- Linux / Bash and Shell scripting
- Ensure all UAT environments are available as and when required by both internal teams and the client
- Design, enable and deliver scalable and automated strategy for code deployments
- Develop a roadmap for building needed devops expertise. Work with existing teams to ensure needs are clear and fulfilled at all times
- Where needed be client facing, responsible for presenting your work, taking feedback and critique and helping to guide our clients through their solutions.
- Providing actionable feedback to other members of the team on quality, best practice and technology
- Build and manage relationships with internal teams and clients.
Training and Development
- Prior experience with Magento 2 deployment cycle and Magento Cloud
- Have a minimum of one years’ agency experience (desirable)
- Working knowledge of Jenkins & Groovy and tools such as JIRA
- Experience with NewRelic, Blackfire.io, XDebug and other debugging tools
- Automation experience and the ability to specify, and implement automation frameworks
- Experience with API integrations
- E-Commerce background
- Knowledge or experience with headless solutions
- Linux CLI - ability to stand up environments when required from scratch, as well as debug ongoing issues
- Previous experience utilising CI/CD pipelines
- Configuration management
- Understanding of Git Flow workstreams
- Experience working with Open Source tools and Cloud based services including Jenkins or alternatives such as Octopus, DeployHQ, Capistrano
- Familiarity with PHP coding, object oriented programming and MVC
Investing in our people is of the utmost importance to us. Harnessing potential, we want to improve your job satisfaction and endeavour to support your career aspirations with our training and development programme.