Pinpoint are on the lookout for an established Senior Level Frontend Magento Developer/Team Lead Who are Pinpoint?
Pinpoint are an award-winning Official Magento Partner, our work includes building beautiful eCommerce stores for merchants across the UK and USA. .
Our client base includes Casio, G-shock, Osprey Europe and Beer Hawk.
A growing brand on an exciting journey, Pinpoint Designs are an idhl
Connected Agency, an award-winning group of specialists. What are the benefits of working with us?
Employee well-being is high on our agenda. Our people are at the heart of everything we do and make us who we are. Ensuring you’re always well looked after, we offer:
Location: Leeds with travel to client locationsYour role as Senior Frontend Magento Developer/Team Lead:
- Performance based bonus
- Hybrid working (a mix of office and home based)
- Regular company events
- Employee perks portal
- Company pension scheme & private health plan
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Free fruit and refreshments + monthly free sandwich Friday
- Quarterly company awards
- Plus many more (visit our company website)
You will be working on active Magento 2 projects, as well as helping to support more Junior members of the team.
As a Team Lead, you will also work alongside the Pinpoint Senior Management team to help progress members of the team, help to shape the future of the frontend development team whilst also actively working on client projects. Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Help to drive innovation, delegating work (where applicable) to other mid level / junior members of the team and help to guide them through issues.
- Guiding other developers in the use of tools to establish more efficient working practises
- Writing high quality frontend code inline with best practices on the Magento 2 platform.
- Communicating with the project management team to ensure that tasks are well scoped, estimated and delivered.
- Knowledge share; be the 'go to' person across the team and a thought leader - An effective and inspiring communicator internally and externally and transparent in making design and technical decisions
- Help people in non-technical roles understand technical decisions and provide support to juniors ensuring that they are familiar with processes and systems
- Be comfortable leading 121’s with your team, helping them to progress and being comfortable providing direction, support and getting the best out of your team.
- Maintain a high standard of work, with a balance of commercial vs. client focus - The ability to proactively give feedback to all team members below and above them
- Working with the project management team to facilitate new work through the agency – assisting in the writing of functional specifications and development of designs through the agency
- Deliver high quality project work and support the evolution of best practice and standards whilst being able an accountable member of the team.
- Lead retrospectives on large projects and team achievements
- Where needed be client facing, responsible for presenting your work, taking feedback and critique and helping to guide our clients to the best solutions.
- Design and deliver visual elements to the highest standard - Manages large or complex projects or tickets autonomously
- Take and understand direction from others - Routinely pair programming / helping other developers rather than specifically implementing code themselves
- Present, explain and justify implementation of client solutions - Be transparent in making design and technical decisions
Skills we’d love you to have
- Proven experience as a Senior Frontend Magento developer / Team Lead
- Have a minimum of two years’ agency experience
- Experiencing carrying out 121’s and managing a development team
- A good balance of understanding a client's budget vs the proposed solution
- Keeping well documented, efficient code and ensuring a clear audit trail of communication.
- Have experience of taking details of client’s requirements and creating detailed briefs
- Have meticulous attention to detail and excellent communication and rapport building skills
Training and Development
- Experience with converting designs from Sketch
- Experience with Gulp, Grunt and/or Webpack
- Experience with React.js & Redux.js
- Experience with using source control (Git)
- Magento Frontend Certified Certification
- Working knowledge of tools such as JIRA
Investing in our people is of the utmost importance to us. Harnessing potential, we want to improve your job satisfaction and endeavour to support your career aspirations with our training and development programme.