Pinpoint are an award-winning Official Magento Partner located in Leeds, West Yorkshire. We are a fast growing company, looking for an enthusiastic Technical Release Manager to join our team and assist with producing fantastic websites for our clients. This role is UK based and can be fully remote.
Our work includes building beautiful eCommerce stores for merchants across the UK and USA with uncompromising build quality, along with providing solutions and strategies that deliver measurable results.
Our client base includes merchants such as Casio, Sue Ryder, G-Shock, Osprey Europe, Regis Salons & Beer Hawk. We take real pride in our client-centric approach, and have always worked hard to retain these values. Role & Responsibilities
Pinpoint are on the lookout for a talented and self motivated Technical Release Manager to assist with ensuring the development teams have a clear path to production through our numerous internal and client facing environments; as well as monitoring and maintaining the quality of the build process. The role holds responsibility over all production and non-production client environments.
You will liaise with technical and client teams, both internal and external, to ensure the environments contain the right application builds, configuration and test data to ensure successful delivery; as well as proactively flagging issues or quality gaps and referring these to the correct teams across the business to rectify.
You will work alongside Business Analysts, as well as the QA, frontend and backend teams to develop new and existing eCommerce stores built on the Magento platform, whilst helping to drive the company forward using new and innovative technologies.
The role holder must be a proactive coordinator with great time and priority management, as well as being a tech-savvy individual. It is crucial the Technical Release Manager has a strong grasp of Magento and/or PHP.
Key Performance Indicators
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to diagnose environmental issues and identify the right team and actions for resolution.
- Proactively identifying risks and implementing/influencing mitigation steps.
- Client and internal deadlines being managed and met for releases.
- Documentation for environments and underlying components.
- Client satisfaction and confidence in releases.
- Reduced time gap between QA completing and code being released to a client site.
- Manage and own the environments’ strategy and plan to meet the demands of the delivery projects.
- Own the environments configuration strategy and its data - ensuring they are maintained, refreshed and recycled through their lifecycle.
- Manage and oversee the release management life cycle for enterprise platforms inclusive of Magento stores and applications that support the ongoing wider business - including scheduling, coordination and management of releases.
- Liaising across the business, as well as with client representatives to ensure release requirements are well defined, scoped and scheduled.
- Ownership of the tracking updates, upgrades and changes across our customer base whilst maintaining change logs for the development and business teams where required.
- Ensuring release blockers are resolved to keep releases on track.
- Own release greensheets / runbooks, implementation, post deployment stabilisation configuration and on-going activities to ensure a smooth release.
- Ensure there is efficient use of available environments (reuse or decommission of environment when testing is complete).
- Engage and support project delivery teams for post release activities.
- Document environments and underlying components to appropriate standards including integration points.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives (keep abreast of industry trends, implement best practice, evaluate new tools and techniques, automate processes, and upgrade underlying technologies).
- Ability to prioritise urgent / escalated issues.
- Being a point of escalation for both developers and project managers.
- Ability to progress tickets and support other team members when blocked with tasks.
- Deliver high quality retainer and build project work; and support the evolution and implementation of best practice and standards.
- Take and understand direction from others.
- Build and manage relationships with internal teams and clients.
- Be an active, motivated and inspired member of the team.
- Maintaining a full understanding of company processes, policies, guidelines and contractual obligations and ensuring these are consistently followed.
- Identifying key process improvements that enable the team to work smarter, faster and more efficiently.
Skills we’d love you to have
- Commercial experience with DevOps & CI/CD.
- Solid knowledge of Magento 2 and/or PHP and general software engineering practices.
- Experience in managing a suite of environments across multiple platforms.
- Experience of Git workflow and working knowledge of GitHub, BitBucket and GitLabs.
- Experience of managing multiple vendors so that the timely provision of environments and delivery of change is assured.
- Experience of environment management and associated tools, methodologies and approaches.
- Understanding the pipeline of Magento 2 deployment in order to troubleshoot issues.
- Keeping high quality documentation regarding implementation.
- Ability to break down internal and client requirements into logical steps and provide accurate estimates for implementation.
- Time management skills - the ability to accurately record time spent against tasks.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with an ability to plan and prioritise your own time and workload alongside the project management team to ensure all deadlines and deliverables are met on time and to the required standard.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and create rapport with colleagues, clients and management.
- Provide positive contributions to a team-working environment, in relation to ideas, providing support to colleagues, building strong working relationships with colleagues, understanding internal roles and responsibilities.
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and to use high levels of initiative to deliver results.
- We are looking for someone who is as passionate, hard-working and has determination to succeed.
Perks of the job
- Previous experience with Magento 1 / other e-commerce platforms.
- Working knowledge of Magento’s Cloud platform.
- Experience with NewRelic, Blackfire.io, XDebug and other debugging tools.
- Experience with Jenkins Pipelines.
- Working knowledge of tools such as JIRA.
- Previous agency experience.
- E-Commerce background.
- Knowledge/Experience with headless/PWA solution/implementation.
Creating just the right mix of focus and fun, we’ve built a team of talented individuals committed to outstanding quality. While independence is a big part of this role, we want a team player – someone who will slot in with our culture.
Priding ourselves on the benefits we provide, we want to ensure you’re always satisfied:
- Performance based bonus
- Quarterly company awards
- Free fruit and refreshments
- Monthly free sandwich Friday
- Regular company events
- Team welcome lunch
- Company pension scheme
- Private health plan
- Annual leave purchase scheme