We’re all about Magento. Since 2010, we’ve worked with leading UK and international brands including Casio, iCandy, Regis, N.Peal, Osprey Europe and Sue Ryder. We believe ‘next level’ eCommerce comes from technical expertise, collaboration and working with people who understand challenges. But more than that, we’re refreshingly relatable, the type of people you’ll actually enjoy working with.
Pinpoint are an IDHL Connected Agency, proud to be one of the award-winning specialists that form this growing group. As an Official Magento Solutions Partner, our team are highly competent in Magento eCommerce consultancy and development services. One of small number of certified Professional UK partners, Team Pinpoint are highly competent in Magento eCommerce consultancy and development services holding more certifications per-head than any other UK Magento agency.
For us, it’s all about shared goals. Even greater things can be achieved together, so we think and work as one. We’re a growing team on an exciting journey and we’re looking to attract and retain the very best industry talent to build upon our team of Magento experts. THE ROLE
Pinpoint are on the lookout for a talented and self-motivated Front-end Developer to join our team, taking visual designs usually produced in Sketch format and translating them into code for our Magento projects, experience with Drupal is a bonus.
You will work alongside other front-end and back-end developers to develop new and existing eCommerce stores built on the Magento platform, whilst helping to drive the company forward using new and innovative technologies. WHAT YOU WILL DO
THE PERSON WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE
- Writing front-end code in line with best practices on the Magento 2 platform. Ensuring that code is written to a high-quality standard, self-tested and communicating openly with the project management team to ensure that tasks are well scoped, estimated and delivered.
- Working with the project management team to facilitate new work through the agency – assisting in the writing of functional specifications and development of designs through the agency, ensuring that all deadlines on the project plan are met and that projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Deliver high quality project work and support the evolution of best practice and standards.
- Where needed be client facing, responsible for presenting your work, taking feedback and critique and helping to guide our clients to the best solutions.
- Providing actionable feedback to other members of the team on quality, best practice and technology
- Design and deliver visual elements to the highest standard
- Build and manage relationships with internal teams and clients
- Be an active, motivated and inspired member of the team
- Maintaining a full understanding of company processes, policies, guidelines and contractual obligations and ensuring these are consistently followed.
SKILLS WE’D LOVE YOU TO HAVE
- Proven experience as a front-end developer
- Prior experience with Magento 2
- A good balance of understanding a client’s budget vs the proposed solution
- Have a minimum of one years’ agency experience
- Keeping well documented, efficient code and ensuring a clear audit trail of communication.
- Have experience of taking details of client’s requirements and creating detailed briefs
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with an ability to plan and prioritise your own time and workload alongside the project management team to ensure all deadlines and deliverables are met on time and to the required standard.
- Have meticulous attention to detail
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and create rapport with colleagues, clients and management
- Provide positive contributions to a team-working environment, in relation to ideas, providing support to colleagues, building strong working relationships with colleagues, understanding internal roles and responsibilities.
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and to use high levels of initiative to deliver results.
- We are looking for someone who is passionate, hard-working and has determination to succeed.
WHAT WE WILL OFFER YOU TRAINING AND PROGRESSION
- Experience with Drupal
- Experience with converting designs from Sketch
- Experience with Gulp
- Experience with RequireJS
- Experience with React.js & Redux.js
- Experience with using source control (Git)
- Magento Front-end Certified Certification
- Working knowledge of tools such as JIRA
We believe in investing in our employees, working with leading training providers and professional bodies to expand your skillset, with regular workshops, lunch and learns, as well as tailored Personal Development Plans created to support your career aspirations.
The diverse range of specialisms across our business provide plentiful opportunities to get a taste for new areas within digital marketing and broaden your experience.
With the nature of our business ever evolving, time will also be given to research and investigate new technologies to ensure we maintain up to date knowledge of the industry. BENEFITS
Employee well-being is high on our agenda, and we pride ourselves on the range of benefits we’re able to provide and want to ensure our staff are satisfied.
A performance bonus rewards effort, whilst our quarterly company awards recognise individual achievements. To keep those creative juices flowing we provide free fruit and refreshments, and we always look forward to the monthly free sandwich Friday.
We’re a social bunch too, with regular company events to look forward to such as the race, picnics and the always much anticipated Christmas party. Not only that, but we genuinely like each other too, it’s not just a work thing! You’ll often find our employees out and about together, with many making some great friends in their colleagues.
Thinking of your future, we operate a Company Pension Scheme, that, like a fine wine, improves over time, rewarding your loyalty over the years. We even offer a private health plan to make sure you’re well looked after.