Western Canada Marine Response Corporation (WCMRC)
is a Transport Canada certified Response Organization, whose mandate is to ensure there is a state of preparedness in place and to mitigate the impact when an oil spill occurs. This includes the protection of wildlife, economic and environmental sensitivities, and the safety of both the responders and the public.
WCMRC is expanding and we are now recruiting for a Full Time Operations Coordinator
to join our team in Port Alberni, B.C
Our Operations team is comprised of professionals with diverse skills and experience. Their ability to effectively manage and direct spill response procedures within the first few hours after response activation significantly reduces the negative impact oil has on the surrounding environment.
The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the Operations Scheduling Calendar is up to date at all times;
- Scheduling employee shifts, exercises and maintenance;
- Working with operations management to plan vacation time and shifts in accordance with company directives;
- In conjunction with the Logistics Contractor Supervisor and Base Operations Supervisor, maintaining situational awareness over contractor resources available in the area to support GRP requirements;
- Assisting operations management in the execution of Regional Level Exercises and drills to evaluate personnel and equipment readiness;
- Successfully executing assigned tasks during certification exercises in accordance with the Oil Spill Response Plan;
- Completing other responsibilities as assigned.
The successful candidate will have completed a post-secondary diploma or degree and has a minimum of 3 to 5 years coordinating operational activities. Previous Emergency Response experience is considered an asset. In addition, you are a collaborative team player with great communication and planning skills, and are able to work well under pressure and meet multiple deadlines.
At WCMRC we value open and honest communication that fosters a climate of trust, integrity in all our business practices, success through competency, creativity and teamwork, and being a steward of the environment. We believe that putting our values into practice creates long-term benefits for our employees, shareholders, stakeholders, suppliers and the communities we serve.
If you share our company values and believe that you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
If you share our company values and have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, send a cover letter and detailed resume.
We thank you in advance for your response and regret that only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.