We are seeking a Cook
to work at our Nhill
site in a part time
Midway between Melbourne and Adelaide, Nhill is a thriving country town surrounded by a number of state and national parks, offering endless sunsets and scenic views. Nhill's proximity offers a number of educational, medical and aged care facilities as well as recreational activities for the whole family!ABOUT US
- West Wimmera Health Service provides high-quality hospital care, residential aged care, disability services and community health facilities to more than 22,000 people across nine locations in the West Wimmera region.
- Good quality food and meal preparation play an integral role in the health, wellbeing and experience of our customers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- If you are someone who has a passion to prepare quality meals for our customers and assist with coordination and planning to provide a quality experience, this is the role for you.
- The Cook/Chef helps prepare the patient, resident, staff and external client meals as well as helping prepare meals for committee meetings and other functions.
- The Cook/Chef ensures the kitchen, supplies and equipment are maintained in a safe and sanitary condition in accordance with the Food Act 1984.
- The successful applicant will work on a rotating roster over a 7-day period, including weekends and public holidays.
- Effective communication and organisational skills
- Appropriate training in cooking either by experience, apprenticeship or commercial cooking programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff, patients, residents/consumers, management, external stakeholders and community.
- Demonstrate ability to work without active supervision.
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous experience working in Hospitality / Health Industry
- Knowledge of Food Act 1984 and Victorian Food Safety Standards.
- Training in the principles of food safety and infection control.
- Food Safety Supervisory Certification in Health or willing to obtain one.
- Qualified Chef, Certificate 111 In Commercial Cookery in or equivalent field
- Demonstrate knowledge to supervise staff.
- NDIS Worker Screening Clearance.
- Working with Children Check.
- Vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Influenza Vaccination.
- Australian Driver’s License.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Ensure dry and perishable goods are stored correctly and that work areas are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner in accordance with Health Regulations/Victorian Food Safety Standards and Food Act 1984 and principles of Infection Control.
- Checking and signing for received goods, in accordance with regulations.
- Check and sign invoices on a daily basis.
- Act as Chef/Cook in Charge when required.
- Undertake all daily administration, roster relief and food safety duties applicable to this role.
- Coordinate and supervise the Hospitality and Environmental Services in the absence of the Chef in Charge.
If you wish to apply and be considered for this role, please submit the following information in one document:
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 1ST MARCH 2024
- Your resume, including a comprehensive employment history, the qualifications you hold and the contact details for at least three referees.
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- Response to the Key Selection Criteria found above, or in the position descriptions on our website, using recent examples of your experiences.
Important: In accordance with the Health Minister’s Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all West Wimmera Health Service employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, all employees are to receive an annual influenza vaccination or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Evidence of current immunisation history is required.