We are seeking a Hairdresser
who will work across our Jeparit and Nhill nursing homes
in a part time capacity
as part of our team
, or as an independent contractor.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Create a welcoming environment for residents and provide a range of hairdressing skills and services to our aged care facilities.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Effective communication and organisational skills.
- Certificate III or IV in Hairdressing.
- Knowledge and experience in Hairdressing
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- NDIS Worker screening clearance.
- Working with Children’s Check
- Vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Influenza vaccination.
- Australian Driver’s License
- Clean and sterilise scissors, combs, clippers and other instruments.
- Cut and trim hair according to resident instructions, listening to specifications and asking questions to clarify style/colour preferred.
- Achieve current hairstyles, using clippers, combs, scissors and handheld blow driers.
- Utilise equipment to ensure that resident clothing is protected during their visit.
- Record services provided and payment received from residents.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you wish to apply and be considered for this role, please submit the following information in one document:
- Your resume, including a comprehensive employment history, the qualifications you hold and the contact details for at least three referees.
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- Response to the Key Selection Criteria found above, or in the position descriptions on our website, using recent examples of your experiences.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 19TH FEBRUARY 2024
Important: In accordance with the Health Minister’s Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all West Wimmera Health Service employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, all employees are to receive an annual influenza vaccination or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Evidence of current immunisation history is required.