We are seeking passionate Associate Nurse Unit Manager
in a full time
or part time
capacity at our Rainbow
Our nursing services play an integral role in the health and wellbeing of the communities we serve. We are always looking for people to join our team, who are passionate about customer care and excited by the opportunity to make a difference in remote and rural communities.
Our Rainbow facility is situated in a rich agricultural district, right on the edge of the Big Desert and its vast Mallee wilderness areas. Located approximately 400km North West of Melbourne, the town offers educational, medical and aged care facilities as well as recreational activities for the whole family!
ABOUT THE ROLE
- The Associate Nurse Unit Manager/Registered Nurse is to work collaboratively with the Director of Nursing/Nurse Unit Manager of the facility. They work with the multi-disciplinary team to facilitate and
foster the provision of best practice standards of nursing care to the patients/residents, their families and carers.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Effective communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions in a variety of complex situations.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in clinical care.
- Have an excellent understanding of iCare, ACFI and the Aged Care Quality Standards (aged care facilities).
- Have an excellent understanding of the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (acute facilities).
- Registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Desirable to have or working towards managerial qualifications.
- NDIS Worker screening clearance.
- Working with Children’s Check
- Vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Influenza vaccination.
- Australian Driver’s License
- Achieve results, innovation and drive change to deliver a high quality of clinical care.
- Quality, safety and risk management adherence to and monitoring.
- Managing the performance of the facility and direct reports on a shift-to- shift basis.
- To continuously improve health service delivery through effective risk management.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you wish to apply and be considered for this role, please submit the following information in one
- Your resume, including a comprehensive employment history, the qualifications you hold and the contact details for at least three referees.
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- Response to the Key Selection Criteria found above, or in the position descriptions on our website, using recent examples of your experiences.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 28TH FEBRUARY 2024
Important: In accordance with the Health Minister’s Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all West Wimmera Health Service employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, all employees are to receive an annual influenza vaccination or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Evidence of current immunisation history is required.