West Wimmera Health Service
provides high-quality hospital care, residential aged care, disability services and community health facilities to more than 22,000 people across nine locations in the West Wimmera region.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Provision of in-home and community-based supports which enable people to maintain and/or increase their independence.
- Full Time, Part Time and Casual opportunities
- Various locations
KEY SELECTION CRITERIAEssential
- Effective communication and organisational skills.
- Worker screening clearance – NDIS Worker Screening Check and Working With Children Check (plus annual police check if working on the TAC program).
- Commitment to principles of empowerment, inclusion, choice and control when supporting people maximize their independence, and participate in community life.
- Current First Aid Certificate Level 2.
- Victorian Drivers Licence.
- Qualification (Certificate or above) in Aged Care, Disability, Individual Support, Community Services, or equivalent field.
- Previous experience working in a community or residential aged care or disability setting.
HOW TO APPLY
- To provide support services for individuals receiving community-based support, including Traffic Accidents Commission (TAC) clients, National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) participants, and/or community aged care Commonwealth Home Support (CHSP) and Home Care Packages (HCP) clients.
- Assist clients/participants to achieve their individual goals, as outlined in their Support Plan or Care Plan.
- Promote positive community attitudes in relation to disability, ageing and inclusiveness.
Submit the following:
Important: In accordance with the Health Minister’s Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all West Wimmera Health Service employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, all employees are to receive an annual influenza vaccination or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Evidence of current immunisation history is required.
- Your resume, including a comprehensive employment history, the qualifications you hold and the contact details for at least three referees.
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. In your response, please consider
- A document addressing the above Key Selection Criteria using recent examples of your experience.