We are seeking a Kiosk Assistant
to join the team in Nhill
site in a part time
- West Wimmera Health Service provides high-quality hospital care, residential aged care, disability services and community health facilities to more than 22,000 people across nine locations in the West Wimmera region.
- Good quality food and meal preparation play an integral role in the health, wellbeing and experience of our customers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Assist with preparation and service of meals for public and staff. Good Barista coffee skills and be professional and courteous at all times. Have a sound knowledge of the Food Safety Act 1984.
- Effective communication and organisational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work without active supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff, supported employees, management and the community.
- Appropriate training in proficiency in kitchen assist duties through on the job training.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
- Knowledge of Health Regulations and Victorian Food Safety Standards.
- Knowledge of Infection Control Health Regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Department of Human Services Cleaning Standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of Food Safe Australia.
- NDIS Worker Screening Clearance
- Working with Children Check
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as per current Department of Health Directive.
- Flu Vaccination
- Australian Driver’s License
HOW TO APPLY:
- Liaise and provide assistance with supporting employees in a professional manner.
- Customer orders – plating, waitressing and serving of meals within the kiosk dining area.
- Clean all surfaces as per the Services Food Safety worksheets.
- Ensure dry and perishable goods are stored correctly and that work areas in the kiosk are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner in accordance with Health Regulations and the Food Safety Act.
- Exceptional personal hygiene.
If you wish to apply and be considered for this role, please submit the following information in one
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 8TH DECEMBER 2023Important: In accordance with the Health Minister’s Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all West Wimmera Health Service employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, all employees are to receive an annual influenza vaccination or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Evidence of current immunisation history is required.
- Your resume, including a comprehensive employment history, the qualifications you hold and the contact details for at least three referees.
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- Response to the Key Selection Criteria found above, or in the position descriptions on our website, using recent examples of your experiences.