West Wimmera Health Service is seeking a Support Worker Supervisor
in a full time
or part time
(hours negotiable) capacity based in Nhill
ABOUT THE ROLE
- This role is responsible for supporting the direct delivery of community care services into individuals’ homes.
- The Support Worker Supervisor will ensure that direct care is delivered in a consistent manner with a focus on quality, person focused care, strong customer service skills and that direct care workers have up to date knowledge and skills.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Highly effective communication skills and ability to relate to people of all backgrounds, skills andabilities.
- Effective organisational skills
- Competence in using and operating computer software packages including Microsoft Office suite of programs – Outlook, Word & Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use other software.
- Ability to multi-task and be able to prioritise tasks.
- Certificate 3 or higher in Aged Care, Disability, Individual Support, Business, Human Resources or Management.
- Experience in the disability and/or aged care field.
- Previous experience in managing staff.
- Competence in using Pay Global, HCM (Home Care Manager).
- NDIS Worker Screening Clearance
- Working with Children Check
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as per current Department of Health Directive.
- Flu Vaccination
- Australian Driver’s Licence
- Line management of Support Workers and Social Support group staff.
- Ensure that a high-quality community care service is delivered with a focus on strengthening client independence.
- Ensures commitment to continuous improvement and delivery of quality, person focused service.
- Leads quality assurance activities and support accreditation requirements.
- Forms and manages relationships with director care workers and clients to ensure person focused care is delivered.
- Forms and manages relationships within the community services directorate, working with multidisciplinary teams to ensure person directed and focused care.
- Employs professionally appropriate communication styles in a range of contexts.
- Manages self to maintain effectiveness, inclusive of a commitment to continual professional learning and growth.
- Undertakes on call duties on a rotational basis.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you wish to apply and be considered for this role, please submit the following information in one document:
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 8TH DECEMBER 2023Important: In accordance with the Health Minister’s Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all West Wimmera Health Service employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, all employees are to receive an annual influenza vaccination or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Evidence of current immunisation history is required.
- Your resume, including a comprehensive employment history, the qualifications you hold and the contact details for at least three referees.
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- Response to the Key Selection Criteria found above, or in the position descriptions on our website, using recent examples of your experiences.