We are seeking a Chef in Charge
to work at our Natimuk
site in a full time
- West Wimmera Health Service provides high-quality hospital care, residential aged care, disability services and community health facilities to more than 22,000 people across nine locations in the West Wimmera region.
- Good quality food and meal preparation play an integral role in the health, wellbeing and experience of our customers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- If you are someone who has a passion to prepare quality meals for our customers and assist with coordination and planning to provide a quality experience, this is the role for you.
- The Cook/Chef in Charge is responsible of the running of the kitchen and cleaning in the Hospitality and Environmental Services Department at our Natimuk site.
- Provide assistance and guidance to other team members of the Department and manage all aspects of menu planning, food preparation, serving, supply and storage of food and maintaining Cleaning Standards for Quality and Safety.
- Effective communication and organisational skills
- Appropriate training in cooking either by experience, apprenticeship or commercial cooking programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff, patients, residents/consumers, management, external stakeholders and community.
- Demonstrate ability to work without active supervision.
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Food Act 1984 and Victorian Food Safety Standards
- Training in the principles of food safety and infection control.
- Food Safety Supervisory Certification in Health or willing to obtain one.
- Qualified Chef.
- Demonstrate knowledge to supervise staff.
- NDIS Worker Screening Clearance
- Working with Children Check
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as per current Department of Health Directive.
- Flu Vaccination
- Australian Driver’s License
HOW TO APPLY:
- Supervision of Hospitality and Environmental Services staff in all Catering and Environmental areas.
- Actively promote and facilitate a positive and safe working environment with all departments.
- Ensure dry and perishable goods are stored correctly and that work areas are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner in accordance with Health Regulations and the Food Act 1984.
- Perform administrative duties including rosters and pay global assistance, processing daily invoices, liaise with suppliers, review daily duty lists, menu cards, dietary guidelines and meal statistics.
- Maintain quality systems and reporting to ensure ongoing Food Safety and Environmental Accreditation.
If you wish to apply and be considered for this role, please submit the following information in one
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 8TH DECEMBER 2023Important: In accordance with the Health Minister’s Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all West Wimmera Health Service employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, all employees are to receive an annual influenza vaccination or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Evidence of current immunisation history is required.
- Your resume, including a comprehensive employment history, the qualifications you hold and the contact details for at least three referees.
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- Response to the Key Selection Criteria found above, or in the position descriptions on our website, using recent examples of your experiences.