We are seeking an Allied Health Assistant to join us based in Nhill,
in a full time
, fixed term capacity (12 months)
, who is passionate about client care and excited by the opportunity to make a difference in rural communities!
- SCHOOL LEAVERS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
- NO QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED - ONLY WILLINGNESS TO COMPLETE TRAINING FOLLOWING THE COMMENCEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT!
- If you are interested in beginning a career in Allied Health, this is the role for you!
- Our rehabilitation centre has recently undergone extensive upgrades. We now boast a brand-new hydrotherapy pool, rehabilitation space and strength and conditioning gym!
- We provide extensive clinical supervision with our senior Physiotherapists as well as generous support to undertake professional development.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- The successful applicant will provide high quality support to our Allied Health practitioners, including clinical care and administrative duties.
- Our Community Health department is a team of passionate professionals, striving to support our diverse range of clients across our nine West Wimmera Health Service locations and throughout our neighbouring regional communities.
- We take a client-centred approach; collaborating with our clients, their families and our colleagues to achieve the best outcomes through a wide range of best-practice therapy services.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:Essential:
- Effective communication and organisational skills.
- A qualification in Allied Health Assistance (or equivalent) or a willingness to complete this training following the commencement of employment.
- Ability to work both independently and as a valuable member of a team.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills.
- Basic water safety skills are required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Hydrotherapy experience.
- Ability to implement programs under the direction of Allied Health Professionals.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate effectively with peers and other professionals and speak to community groups as required.
- Competence in using computer programs including Microsoft Word, Outlook and other databases.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you wish to apply and be considered for this role, please submit the following information in one document:
- Your resume, including a comprehensive employment history, the qualifications you hold and the contact details for at least three referees.
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- Response to the Key Selection Criteria found above, or in the position descriptions on our website, using recent examples of your experiences.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY 8TH DECEMBER 2023Important: In accordance with the Health Minister’s Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all West Wimmera Health Service employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, all employees are to receive an annual influenza vaccination or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Evidence of current immunisation history is required.