We are seeking a Physiotherapist to join us based in Nhill,
in a full time
, fixed term capacity (12 months)
, who is passionate about client care and excited by the opportunity to make a difference in rural communities!
West Wimmera Health Service provides
high-quality community outpatient services, disability and residential aged care and hospital care to more than 22,000 people in the West Wimmera region.
- Our rehabilitation centre has recently undergone extensive upgrades. We now boast a brand new hydrotherapy pool, rehabilitation space and strength and conditioning gym!
- You will have the opportunity to apply for our Bursary Program, where contributions of up to 50% of a successful applicant's HECS/HELP debt are negotiable as part of the package!
- We provide extensive clinical supervision with our senior Physiotherapists as well as generous support to undertake professional development.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Our Physiotherapy Department is a team of passionate professionals, striving to support our diverse range of clients across our nine West Wimmera Health Service locations and throughout our neighbouring regional communities.
- We take a client-centred approach; collaborating with our clients, their families and our colleagues to achieve the best outcomes through a wide range of best-practice therapy services.
- The successful applicant will experience a comprehensive caseload working alongside our skillful, friendly and supportive multi-disciplinary team.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA: Essential:
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy or its equivalent.
- Willingness to work in a rural setting.
- Highly developed communication, organisational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate effectively with peers and other professionals and speak to community groups as required.
- High level of written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently but also as a member of a team. Must be effective in a team and be able to demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm and flexibility.
- Commitment to principles of quality assurance, EEO & OH&S.
- Must be self-motivated and be responsible and responsive to a situation where a high level of professional autonomy exists.
- Previous placement or work experience in a hospital/healthcare setting.
- Awareness of the Accreditation process, in particular EQUIP.
- Demonstrated skills in outpatients, with good manual therapy skills.
- Possess exceptional time management and organisational skills.
- Potential or proven potential of leadership qualities and skills.
- Competence in using computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other databases such as iCare, isoft and Uniti. Experience utilising the My Aged Care portal is also desirable.
- Knowledge and experience undertaking goal directed care planning.
- Sound knowledge of health promotion and community education.
- Demonstrated flexibility to manage a diverse caseload.
- Effectively manage a Physiotherapy caseload across acute, aged care and community settings.
- Actively contribute as a team member to the effective operation of the Physiotherapy Department, including attendance at regular team meetings.
- Work effectively and collaboratively within the broader WWHS and Community Health Team context.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with external agencies and strategic partners in relation to effective delivery of Physiotherapy services and community development across the Wimmera
HOW TO APPLY:
If you wish to apply and be considered for this role, please submit the following information in one
- Your resume, including a comprehensive employment history, the qualifications you hold and the contact details for at least three referees.
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- Response to the Key Selection Criteria found above, or in the position descriptions on our website, using recent examples of your experiences.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY 12TH DECEMBER 2023 Important: In accordance with the Health Minister’s Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all West Wimmera Health Service employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, all employees are to receive an annual influenza vaccination or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Evidence of current immunisation history is required.