We are seeking an Accredited Exercise Physiologist to join us based in Nhill,
in a full time
, fixed term capacity (12 months)
, who is passionate about client care and excited by the opportunity to make a difference in rural communities!
West Wimmera Health Service provides
high-quality community outpatient services, disability and residential aged care and hospital care to more than 22,000 people in the West Wimmera region.NEW GRADUATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
- Our rehabilitation center has recently undergone extensive upgrades. We now boast a brand-new hydrotherapy pool, rehabilitation space and strength and conditioning gym!
- You will have the opportunity to apply for our Bursary Program, where contributions of up to 50% of a successful applicant's HECS/HELP debt are negotiable as part of the package!
- We provide extensive clinical supervision with our senior Physiotherapists as well as generous support to undertake professional development.
- You will join our Physiotherapy department and wider Allied Health team of passionate professionals, striving to support our diverse range of clients across our nine locations and throughout our neighboring regional communities.
- We provide extensive clinical supervision as well as generous support to undertake professional development.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Provide Exercise Physiology services to acute hospital inpatients, community clients and aged care residents.
- Our Community Health department is a team of passionate professionals, striving to support our diverse range of clients across our nine West Wimmera Health Service locations and throughout our neighboring regional communities.
- We take a client-centered approach; collaborating with our clients, their families and our colleagues to achieve the best outcomes through a wide range of best-practice therapy services.
- The successful applicant will experience a comprehensive caseload working alongside our skillful, friendly and supportive multi-disciplinary team.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:Essential:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification holding registration with Exercise and Sports Science Australia.
- Ability to accept responsibility as an independent health professional and liaise with the Physiotherapy staff and other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and direction, but also as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Must be effective in a team and be able to demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm and flexibility.
- Must be self-motivated and be responsible and responsive to a situation where a high level of professional autonomy exists.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills appropriate to communication with clients and professional staff both verbal and written.
- Display good initiative, time management and organisational skills. This includes the ability to meet deadlines, schedules, set and meet goals/objectives as required.
- Demonstrate clinical skills in exercise physiology practice, including assessment and provision of appropriate exercise programs to people with various health conditions across inpatient, aged care and community populations.
- Commitment to working in a rural setting.
- Previous placement or work experience in a hospital/healthcare setting.
- Experience and understanding of issues specific to provision of services in rural and remote areas.
- Awareness of the Accreditation process, in particular EQUIP.
- Possess exceptional time management and organisational skills.
- Competence in using computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other databases such as iCare, isoft and Uniti. Experience utilising the My Aged Care portal is also desirable
- Knowledge and experience undertaking goal directed care planning.
- Sound knowledge of health promotion and community education.
- Demonstrated flexibility to manage a diverse caseload.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Experience in public speaking and providing group education.
- Effectively manage Exercise Physiology caseload across acute, aged care and community settings.
- Actively contribute as a team member to the effective operation of the Physiotherapy Department, including attendance at regular team meetings.
- Work effectively and collaboratively within the broader WWHS and Community Health Team context.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with external agencies and strategic partners in relation to effective delivery of Exercise Physiology services and community development across the Wimmera.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you wish to apply and be considered for this role, please submit the following information in one
- Your resume, including a comprehensive employment history, the qualifications you hold and the contact details for at least three referees.
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- Response to the Key Selection Criteria found above, or in the position descriptions on our website, using recent examples of your experiences.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 8TH DECEMBER 2023Important: In accordance with the Health Minister’s Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all West Wimmera Health Service employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, all employees are to receive an annual influenza vaccination or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Evidence of current immunisation history is required.