We are seeking a Registered Nurse
or Endorsed Enrolled Nurse
in a casual
capacity to work across our sites as a District Nurse
, who is passionate about customer care and excited by the opportunity to make a difference in remote and rural communities! ABOUT US
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Our community is the heart of West Wimmera Health Service. We are committed to delivering the highest quality health services and ensuring our services meet the needs of our population.
- We deliver services across a 22,000 square kilometer region, which is home to nine rural townships including Nhill, Goroke, Jeparit, Kaniva, Rainbow, Natimuk, Minyip, Murtoa and Rupanyup.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- To provide appropriate & efficient nursing services to client’s living in the community.
- To achieve the standard of client care required by the Nursing Board of Victoria regulations & policies, in line with the philosophies & objectives of the unit & the Clinical Division within West Wimmera Health Service.
- Registered Nurse with current Nurses Board of Victoria Practicing Certificate and at least 3 years of nursing experience.
- Effective communication and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary health team and in collaboration with groups and individuals
- Excellent analysis, reporting & writing skills.
- Competence in using computer programs including Microsoft Office Software, Excel, Outlook and other databases relevant to the practice area.
- Demonstrated understanding of Quality Improvement Principles, the EQuIP and the Common Community Care Standards.
- Demonstrates clinical expertise and problem-solving ability for autonomous community-based care.
- Has a knowledge and understanding of service coordination principles and practice as described by Home and Community Care, Department of Veteran Affairs, Active Service Model and / or other state funded directional papers.
- Ability to assess, negotiate, and evaluate multidisciplinary care plans for clients/carers for service coordination and independence maintenance needs.
- NDIS Worker Screening Clearance
- Working with Children Check
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as per current Department of Health Directive.
- Flu Vaccination
- Australian Driver’s Licence.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To support the organisation to deliver quality services to clients in the community.
- To continuously improve health service delivery through effective management.
- To adhere to the philosophies & policies of the West Wimmera Health Service.
- To ensure effective Human Resource management.
- To enhance organisational corporate capability & culture.
- To strengthen relationships with customers to enhance the image of the Service.
- To adopt / promote the Active Service Model (ASM), to ensure frail older people and people with disabilities live in the community as independently and autonomously as possible.
If you wish to apply and be considered for this role, please submit the following information in one
Important: In accordance with the Health Minister’s Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all West Wimmera Health Service employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, all employees are to receive an annual influenza vaccination or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Evidence of current immunisation history is required.
- Your resume, including a comprehensive employment history, the qualifications you hold and the contact details for at least three referees.
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- Response to the Key Selection Criteria found above, or in the position descriptions on our website, using recent examples of your experiences.