West Wimmera Health Service
provides high-quality hospital care, residential aged care, disability services and community health facilities to more than 22,000 people across nine locations in the West Wimmera region.
- Permanent - ongoing
- Full Time or Part Time - Accrued Day Off is applicable for full time employees.
- Location: Based in Nhill but may be required to work across sites as mutually agreed upon.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Provide Podiatry services to acute hospital inpatients, community clients and aged care residents.
- Cover a broad range of clientele, from acute hospital inpatients, community clients and aged care residents.
- We offer a comprehensive experience allowing you to work alongside our skillful, friendly and supportive multi-disciplinary team including Podiatrists, Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists, Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Dietitians and Allied Health Assistants.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Bachelor of Podiatry, or equivalent qualifications as recognised by the Podiatrist Registration Board
- of Victoria.
- Ability to work independently without supervision and as a member of the Podiatry Department and Multidisciplinary health team.
- Must be effective in a team and be able to demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm and flexibility.
- Possess highly developed communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate effectively with peers and other professionals and speak to community groups as required.
- Must be self-motivated and be responsible and responsive to a situation where a high level of autonomy exists.
- Previous placement or work experience in a hospital/healthcare setting.
- Experience and understanding of issues specific to provision of services in rural and remote areas.
- Demonstrated skills in outpatients, with good manual therapy skills.
- Effectively manage a Podiatry caseload across acute, aged care and community settings.
- Actively contribute as a team member to the effective operation of the Podiatry Department, including attendance at regular team meetings.
- Work effectively and collaboratively within the broader WWHS and Community Health Team context.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with external agencies and strategic partners in relation to effective delivery of Podiatry services and community development across the Wimmera.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you wish to apply and be considered for this role, please submit the following information in one document:
- Your resume, including a comprehensive employment history, the qualifications you hold and the contact details for at least three referees.
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- Response to the Key Selection Criteria found above, or in the position descriptions on our website, using recent examples of your experiences.
Important: In accordance with the Health Minister’s Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all West Wimmera Health Service employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, all employees are to receive an annual influenza vaccination or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Evidence of current immunisation history is required.