We are seeking Hospitality and Environmental Services Assistants
to work on a part time
basis at our Kaniva
ABOUT THE ROLE
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- You will work alongside our professional catering team to prepare quality meals for our customers, and help to maintain a clean and safe environment.
- The Hospitality and Environmental Services Assistant is responsible for cleaning the acute facilities, residential aged care areas and external properties.
- Assist with preparation, service and delivery of meals for patients, residents, staff, meetings and other functions, ensure the supplies and equipment in relevant areas are maintained in a safe and sanitary condition in accordance with Department of Human Services Standards and Infection Control Guidelines.
- Successful applicants are on a rotating roster over a 7 day period, including weekends and public holidays.
- Effective communication and organisational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work without active supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff, support employees, patients, management and the community.
- Proven ability to prioritise and be multi-skilled.
- Demonstrate basic ability to learn and use computer software packages including Microsoft, Outlook, Word, Excel and other software packages as necessary.
- Victorian Driver’s Licence.
- Knowledge of Health Regulations and Victorian Food Safety Standards.
- Knowledge of Infection Control Health Regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Department of Human Services Cleaning Standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of Food Safe Australia.
- Appropriate training in cleaning: Proficiency in cleaning through on the job training.
- Appropriate training in preparation and service: Proficiency in kitchen assist duties and food preparation through on the job training.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Maintaining and complying with cleaning standards and Food Safety Guidelines.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene.
- Ensure strict adherence with West Wimmera Health Service Infection Prevention protocols.
- Communicate effectively with other employees within the facility.
- Liaise and provide assistance with work colleagues and disability-supported employees in a professional manner
If you wish to apply and be considered for this role, please submit the following information in one document:
Important: In accordance with the Health Minister’s Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all West Wimmera Health Service employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, all employees are to receive an annual influenza vaccination or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Evidence of current immunisation history is required.
- Your resume, including a comprehensive employment history, the qualifications you hold and the contact details for at least three referees.
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- Response to the Key Selection Criteria found above, or in the position descriptions on our website, using recent examples of your experiences.