2IC / LEADING HAND
One21 are Recruiting for Bridge IT NZ Ltd.
Based in Mount Maunganui Tauranga, Bridge It NZ build some really cool Bridges throughout New Zealand!
The Leading Hand role is a mix of working under our Lead Supervisor as 2IC as part of their site team, and at times leading your own team supervising projects, including managing the team and sub-contractors, while overseeing the installation of bridge structures, foundations, and piling work. We would like this position to develop into a Supervisor role and are looking for an individual who wants to progress their career and grow with the business.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with a mix of some / or all of the following:
- Previous experience in Civil Construction (Bridge building experience an advantage).
- Excavator Operator including piling experience.
- Class 5 licence.
- Qualified trade and/or tertiary qualification in Carpentry or Civil Construction would be ideal, as would holding current Site Safe and First Aid Certificates.
- Knowledge of engineering drawings, sizing, components, and structures.
- Comprehensive understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Available to travel and stay away Monday to Friday at sites around the North Island
- Ability to lead by example, manage a team and liaise with contractors, suppliers, clients, and key management in a fast-paced environment.
- Good attention to detail, well prepared, with a hardworking, can-do attitude.
The job involves travel and provides a generous Hourly Rate, plus a ‘Living Away’ Allowance and other benefits (which will include a vehicle in the future).
If you are thinking about making a career move please don’t hesitate to APPLY ONLINE now, or contact Kirsty Morrison, our Recruitment Business Partner to have a confidential discussion and see whether your skills and ambitions are a good match for this opportunity.
Applicants must have NZ Residency or be eligible / hold a valid NZ Work Visa.
All applications to Bridge It NZ Ltd
will be processed through One21 Recruitment
Kirsty Morrison Ph: 021 355 179 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org