The Senior Payroll officer provides a full end to end function which contributes to providing a timely and accurate service delivering payroll solutions across the company. This role is responsible for liaising with Human Resources to ensure all employee information is accurate and up to date as well as providing generalist advice to HR with regards to payroll queries. Responsibilities / Principle Tasks
Experience and Qualifications
- Provide support to the HR Generalists on all payroll enquiries including leave, superannuation and payments.
- Driving the implementation of and migration to new payroll software
- Maintain employee details, pay records, and salary information
- Manage internal workflow and capturing of information for new starters, internal movements, and termination with Human Resources
- Processing monthly/weekly payroll for all entities within the group
- Processing internal and external records and payment journals
- Monthly payroll department reporting
- Understanding of relevant legislation relating to the ATO, and employee payments and entitlement
- Understanding and interpreting Modern Awards and Enterprise Agreements
- Conduct all activities in accordance with the Quality, Safety & Environmental Management System.
- Minimum 3 years as a senior payroll officer with demonstratable experience in a stand-alone capacity
- Tertiary qualification preferred but not essential.
- Previous system implementation experience
- End to end Payroll experience within a corporate environment, operational/frontline environments within Hospitality and Construction
- Data migration experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Analytically minded
- IT savvy with a natural affinity with systems and software
- Able to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Time Management