Technology Audit Manager- Australian Financial Services Regulator (Sydney Based)
Reporting to the Chief Internal Auditor, the person will assist in providing independent assurance to its Members and the Audit Committee regarding the adequacy and effectiveness of the organisation’s control environment. Key responsibilities:
- Ensuring an up to date understanding of the organisation’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF) strategic direction in the context of Internal Audit’s assurance responsibilities and the implementation of Internal Audit programs that will effectively contribute to the discharge of those responsibilities.
- Ensuring coverage over key risks and priorities, ensuring that the focus pivots as changes in the organisation’s risk profiles emerge.
- Develop and maintain up to date technical knowledge on top of deep relationships within your broad network of contacts inside and outside to detect when changes in risks are occurring and propose rational changes to audit focus areas.
- Contribute to enhancing the organisation’s control environment and risk culture through the provision of business relevant, timely, and pragmatic advice.
- Identify, trial, and lead the implementation of innovative approaches to enhance Internal Audit’s ability to provide coverage over key risks, and/or contributions to it’s strategic objectives and mandate in maintaining the stability of Australia’s Financial System.
- Assisting to identify non-financial risks faced by the organisation (including IT and Cybersecurity risks) and providing assurance that the processes used to manage them are operating as designed and in an effective manner.
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology / Information Systems or equivalent field.
- Professional certifications (e.g. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Institute of Internal Audit (IIA), Certified Practising Accountants (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA)).
- Strong leadership, including the ability to organise / motivate others and drive to deadlines.
- Relationship building, negotiation and influencing at senior level.
- Strong commercial acumen and pragmatic approach.
- Australian Financial Services Industry knowledge, including the regulatory environment and understanding of value drivers.
- Advanced knowledge of frameworks in: risk management, compliance, or quality assurance.