About the Business
JANA is a leading investment consulting firm with offices in Melbourne & Sydney. The core business provides traditional and implemented consulting, currently advising around 100 institutional clients, including corporate, industry and public sector superannuation funds as well as charities, insurers, foundations and endowment funds.About the Role
The analysis and reporting function is an important component of our investment research and advisory business. An opportunity exists for an analytically orientated and motivated candidate to undertake investment research, analysis and reporting to support the research and advice functions of JANA’s business. The immediate requirement is the timely and accurate provision of investment and performance analysis, client reporting for JANA investment solutions to both internal and external recipients. Role Responsibilities
Benefits and Perks
- Assessing and analyzing risk, attribution and performance across our client’s multi-asset portfolios including cash and derivative investments in equity and fixed income products.
- Provide insights into the risk exposures, risk concentration and tail risk using MSCI Barra or Factset (or equivalent system) and Sustainalytics risk applications.
- Inputting assumptions/parameters and analysis of outputs from JANA’s stochastic modelling tool (Solve) for whole of portfolio outputs (probability of meeting objectives, CVar, probability distributions, etc)
- Accessing data from vendors (FactSet, Bloomberg), client data and internal data for use in analytical projects and client reporting.
- Identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets
Skills and Experience
- Grow your career with significant development opportunities with exposure to world class investment professionals
- Working in a collaborative environment with a great team to deliver outstanding investment outcomes to our clients
- JANA offers a competitive remuneration package for the successful candidate.
- Monthly Reward and Recognition program.
- Employee assistance program offering free and confidential counselling and support for you and your family.
The ideal candidate will be a creative and innovative thinker with a passion for quantitative research and modelling. They will enjoy working to a set cycle and take pride in attention to detail with an interest in financial markets.
This role is located in our Melbourne office.
- Appropriate post-secondary qualifications preferable – but flexibility exists for the right candidate.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and business analytics tools (e.g Power BI)
- Work experience in financial industry using Python, SQL, VBA, or R preferred
- Broad understanding of the superannuation industry.
- May have CFA/SIA/CPA/DFP qualification
If you have the skills and experience to be considered for this role, please apply via the attached link. Applications for this role will close on 25 October 2021.
You must have the right to live and work
in Australia to apply for this job.