Cafeto is a technology company specialized in software development for global organizations through nearshore outsourcing and software acceleration. We achieve this by applying our Dream.Build.Boost framework and leveraging our technology, processes, and top-class engineers. Our locations in Colombia, Australia, United States and México allow us to offer you a multicultural experience, working with expert teammates from all around the world!
The Cafeto Engineer Manager is leader who connects every point of contact of a project through well stablished and clear communication, in a daily basis, and has the Big Picture of projects and the company in a weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly basis. It is also a facilitator who ensures that processes work properly, and constraints are properly managed.
Why Join Cafeto?
✓ We identify opportunities for you to improve technical, English & soft skills.
✓ Managers genuinely encourage and guide employees to become better professionals.
✓ Two-way growth: Within the client and within Cafeto.
✓ Employee benefits packages based on needs rather than general ones.
✓ Wonderful camaraderie environment with team activities.
✓ Flexible culture and Work-Life Balance.
✓ We are a horizontal company; your voice will be heard! Every person who comes is a very important member of our #Cafetofamily
Who you are:
• Specialization or M.Sc. in Software Engineering, Technology Management, Project Management or related (plus)
• Leadership, PMP, Product Owner, Scrum Master Certification, Diploma, Postgraduate, in any level, or related (plus)
Work Experience: 8+Years
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong talent management skills based on inspiration, motivation, kindness, quality, service, and excellence
- knowledge of software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle (e.g., coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations)
- Knowledge and experience of the most recognized agile project management and/or service operation tools, e.g., JIRA, Wrike, Asana, Trello, Monday.com, ZenDesk, BaseCamp, etc.
- Proficient in Scrum, Kanban, or similar Agile Framework
- Nice to Have:
Plus: Knowledge of Lean Development, PMBOK, Lean Startup, Design Thinking, Management 3.0, Agile People, Change Management
Plus: Knowledge of ITIL, Service Desk, Service Design, Service Transition, and Service Operation
Plus: Knowledge of IT Governance
Plus: Knowledge of Scaling Agile Models (e.g. SAFe, SoS, Nexus, LeSS, Disciplined Agile, etc.)
Plus: Knowledge of Cloud Computing, CloudOps, SysOps, DevOps, WebOps
Are you ready to power up your talent? Join us!
- Align individual, team, and company goals, as well as vision and strategy
- Understand and help to improve the company’s best-practices and methodologies for project management and leadership through knowledge sharing, participating in improvement initiatives, and by identifying improvement opportunities
- Monitor and control budget, schedule, and scope, ensuring project KPIs comply the company goals
- Create and update product/service specifications, user stories, requirements, and acceptance criteria