Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
At least 2+ years of Rails backend & API experience is required.
● Functional or Imperative Languages - Ruby, Rails, GraphQL, C, and / or Java
● Productivity Tools - Email, Microsoft Office or equivalent
● Database & Messaging - SQL, RabbitMQ
● Cloud & Infrastructure - AWS, Docker, Microservices
● Agile Tools - Trello, Jira, or TFS
● Git Workflow - including pull requests, code reviews, and CI/CD systems
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
● Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
● Translate requirements into well-designed, testable, efficient code.
● Use source debuggers and visual development environments.
● Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade features.
● Review code written by other team members or other teams.
● Provide guidance and mentorship for engineering team members.
● Provide guidance on architecture and code standards.
● Provide guidance on architecture strategy.
Leadership & Strategic Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following leadership & strategic competencies
● Stakeholder Focus - Maintains positive and collaborative connection to key stakeholders. Understands needs, goals and objectives of all constituent groups. Works to create, monitor, and exceed key metrics and targets in support of key groups.
● Relationship Management – Trusted by staff, peers, and stakeholder groups; Balances concern for productivity and results with sensitivity for employees’ needs/problems; Approachable and friendly; Handles difficult situations constructively and tactfully.
● Leadership - Aligns practices with the mission and values of the organization; Measures effectiveness in accomplishing work assignments through team members; Communicates objectives effectively and establishes challenge goals; Delegates and coordinates effectively; Exhibits ethical leadership and models the conduct that is expected from those they leads; Creates a climate of trust and mutual respect.