AS White is currently looking for a Senior Accountant to work exclusively with an Australian client in a growing team in Vietnam/Philippines. You will be working at a senior level, providing support to your Manager in the preparation of Australian tax returns and accounts and reviewing the work of junior team members. This is an opportunity to be part of a large, successful and respected chartered accounting firm in Australia with excellent training and development and an outstanding team culture. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Take a lead role in the Vietnam offshore team for a large Australian firm
- Coach, develop and review the work of junior accounting staff regarding communication, process and technical matters
- Complete with a wide range of Australian business tax compliance activities with minimal review points
- Proactively oversee the workflow of the team for a large client list, across a range of industries
- Complete business groups (multiple entities), partnership, company and trust accounts, and complex individual tax returns and BAS returns
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the AU compliance environment – ATO requirements, ASIC & OSR
- Respond to queries promptly
- Work closely with the management and workflow teams in Australia to understand any technical or process issues relating to their team and assist the team to resolve
- Identify and report any HR issues relating to the team
- Accounting degree qualification, CA/CPA preferred
- 5+ years of business services, tax and accounting experience (Australian tax experience essential)
- Excellent written and verbal English communication
- Experience with multiple accounting software (MYOB AE, Xero etc.)
- Proven leadership ability
- Highly organized
- Positive team player.
- 13th and 14th month bonus
- Private Insurance package for yourself and family
- 20 days of annual leave and 10 days of sick leave
- Participate in regular team and company events
- Access to training and development opportunities.
- Global exposure working with our international client and build on your existing skill sets.
- Be part of a positive and engaged office environment.