- Experience is not essential just to be practical minded, great attitude and willing to learn.
We are looking for two enthusiastic, easy going and fun people who have a great attitude and are willing to learn to assist on a progressive Thoroughbred agistment and mixed livestock farm located near the village of Jugiong on the South West Slopes of New South Wales. The permanent position will start in early November and the short-term job will commence in December for a 3-month period.
This family run operation covers some 1,800 acres of some of Australia’s finest grazing land.
They are passionate about teaching their skills and mentoring the right people, with over four decades of keen participation in the racing industry with breeding, training, and racing thoroughbreds they have a combined 100 years of Horse and farming knowledge.
About the role, what you will be involved with –
- Working with thoroughbreds.
- Caring for racehorses, broodmares, and their foals (feed, clean stables, attend to injuries)
- Assist with foaling season, an incredibly good eye for detail is required.
- Some livestock work with Cattle and Sheep
- General farm work, maintenance, and some gardening.
This is a great inclusive and supportive team - family environment - unbelievable opportunity to watch foals being born and to gain an understanding and appreciation of the postnatal care involved.
Work with young stock and learn great handling skills, develop some knowledge for veterinary care and treatments and learn how to undertake those treatments. Be exposed to all facets of a commercial thoroughbred farm and work alongside incredibly talented staff and suppliers (vets, Farriers etc).
What we can offer –
- Attractive Award wages.
- Sign off 2nd and 3rd year Visa’s.
- A comfortable shared furnished cottage (for short term role)
- Comfortable house (for permanent position).
- Lunch supplied during working days.
- Access to a vehicle for private use.
To apply for these exciting position, please submit your up to date resume that must contain a minimum 2 references that can be contacted. Preference will be given to those who supply a detailed cover letter indicating which role you are interested in and why this role is suited to you.