Our client owns and operates a premium stock feed and supplement business servicing Queensland and NSW with the head office and supplement plant in Warwick, QLD and another large stockfeed mill in Narabri, NSW.
As one of the only 100% Australian owned and family operated stockfeed manufacturers, they are now expanding their plants using the latest technology in the production of high-quality pre-mixes, pellets, dry licks, and concentrates.
The company is focused on maintaining good relationships with their customers and providing the highest quality products and services in the Livestock Feed and Nutrition sector. The stock feed business employs a team of around 20 staff, most of whom come from farming and agricultural backgrounds and the owners also run grazing properties and a feedlot.
We are searching for a motivated Sales Nutritionist with a passion for agriculture, who has a bright and personable nature and enjoys finding solutions for the farming customers to improve productivity and animal health outcomes.
Based at the Warwick head office and reporting to the Managing Director, you will be a highly motivated, team orientated person who will be responsible for the sale of stockfeed and supplements, provide professional nutritional advice, farm planning and customer service to existing and potential customers.
This position requires you to travel and visit clients throughout NSW and Southern QLD and will require time away from home, you will need to work well with others in the team to find solutions, this may include creating custom and tailored nutrition solutions, trialling novel approaches to improve outcomes for customers, optimum timing of delivery and logistics.
Skills and Experience required for the role -
- Ruminant nutrition background such as a technical role in a mill, feedlot, or large beef breeding operation.
- Knowledge of “Dry Licks” or “Loose Mix” supplements and experience with livestock production systems.
- An understanding of the science and manufacturing process behind the key product lines.
- A working knowledge of and experience in hand-on livestock production to be able to provide sound and practical advice to clients.
- Tertiary Qualification in Ruminant Nutrition desirable.
- Experience in an agricultural sales role desirable.
To be successful in this role you will need to –
- Have excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Be adaptable and willing to learn new systems as the business grows.
- Be proactive and autonomous yet able to work within a diverse team.
- Have a good general report with farmers and able to build long term customer relationships.
An attractive Salary Package with company vehicle, laptop and phone will be negotiated with successful candidate and there will be an opportunity to work towards additional bonuses. This is a new role with immediate start.
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date resume along with the contact details of a minimum two references that we can contact. A cover letter indicating why you are suited to this role will be held in high regard.