We at Academy Xi have an ambitious vision: to transform the world by educating the next generation of digital change-makers. We are passionate about delivering the skills and capabilities required for individuals, companies and government to succeed in an increasingly digital world.
Generation Australia is an independent not for profit organization, committed to changing individuals’ lives by providing them with a unique training experience focused on facilitating careers in growth industries where employers need high quality, motivated employees.
We have a shared mission to equip people from all walks of life with practical, actionable skills of the future to generate positive impact in the community and beyond. Academy Xi and Generation Australia are proud to partner together for an exciting new online program for Data Analytics. What’s your purpose:
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Assistant Instructor
to work on a Junior Web Developer program for Indigenous Learners
who wants to help us shape the future of the industry.
You will be assisting the Lead Instructor to deliver a bootcamp-style program which will give Indigenous learners an introduction to computer science, source control using git, agile software development with scrum, advanced HTML advanced CSS, React, and Node JS-java script web development. Students will participate in project-based learning under your supervision. Duration:
18 Weeks - includes 2-week pre-program and 16-week bootcamp program Hours: 9am-3pm daily Format:
Full Time, Online delivery Commences:
Monday 22 August - Friday 23 December What you’ll do:
The Assistant Instructor is pivotal to Academy Xi’s next phase of growth and will primarily focus on the following areas;
Who you are:
- Delivering online sessions to a diverse group of learners and guiding them in their asynchronous (independent learning) modules
- Adapting your communication style to reflect and connect with the diverse experiences of participants
- Ensuring you are bringing the learning experience to life, building community and enhancing relevance through drawing on your own industry experience
- Providing relevant and timely feedback to students on formative and summative assessment and on client projects
- Increasing participant engagement using different facilitation tactics
- Explaining complex topics in a non-technical way
- Coaching and guiding students to be as employable as possible and supporting them to develop industry standard portfolios
- Committing to and empathizing with young/mid-career people and disconnected populations
- Providing differentiated and one-on-one support to motivate and support participants to persevere through challenges
- Engaging in professional development and training for Generation Instructors.
- Act professionally at all times, meeting Generation and Academy Xi’s expectations and policies, even under pressure
A motivated and passionate instructor with excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with the ability to be adaptable in a dynamic environment will ensure your success.
Who we are:
- You have experience working with First Nations learners or identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- You have at least 1-2 years industry experience as a Web Developer/Front End Developer/Full Stack Web Developer
- You could be a recent graduate from a bootcamp who has performed well and has shown an aptitude for training and development
- You should feel comfortable about communicating to large groups of people and have a desire to coach and guide learners in an empathetic manner
- You are across industry trends and able to share your own personal insight with students
- You love to inspire diverse groups of learners and genuinely want to help your group of learners acquire technical skills, behavioural skills, mindsets and employment coaching that will make them valuable employees in the tech sector
Since 2016, we have harnessed the power of human-centred design and digital technology, building individual and organizational capability to solve a diverse range of social challenges. To achieve our mission, we:
Assist individuals to transform their careers into emerging, high growth and high impact fields
Enhance and extend the skills and capabilities of digital and design professionals
Engage with organizations and government to build design, business and technology capability as they transform digitally in this new world and
Help organizations embed human centred design principles and transition to new ways of working to drive organizational transformation and long-term success
Empower and inspire our community to generate impact and make a difference in the lives of others
We are committed to contributing to an equitable future and we recognize this starts with building a diverse team that is reflective of the community we serve. We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking by creating an environment of inclusion and belonging. We’re actively focused on attracting diverse and passionate people who are aligned to our vision. If you want to transform the world with us, apply now!