Forest & Wood Products Australia (FWPA) is a not-for-profit industry services company, also referred to as an RDC (Rural Research & Development Company), funded by the Federal Government, member levies and research grants.
FWPA collaborates with government and industry stakeholders to determine strategy, investing in effective and relevant R&D and delivering programs designed to grow the market for forest and wood products, increase productivity and profitability across the value chain, and deliver positive environmental and social outcomes. The Position
Reporting to the FWPA Board, the CEO is accountable for the “health” of the organisation in terms of strategy development & direction, financial viability, corporate culture and stakeholder relationships. The CEO will ensure that FWPA invests strategically in R&D, knowledge transfer, education, generic promotion and market development as well as other programs as approved by the Board.
The CEO will manage and grow a sustainable organisation that adds stakeholder value by proactively developing, implementing and continuously improving business initiatives as identified in FWPA’s strategic plan. The Person
To be successful in this high profile, challenging but highly rewarding position, you will possess the following key skills, attributes and experience:
- Proven track record of success at CEO or Executive level ideally with exposure to the forestry or forest products sector or related sectors such as design and construction, primary industries and/or Natural Resource Management
- Exposure to board reporting including the development and implementation of high -quality business plans, budgets and strategies, matched with strong financial acumen
- Strong leadership and people management skills to create an environment promoting high level performance and a positive morale resulting in a culture of innovation and delivery
- High level engagement skills with the ability to manage and influence a broad and diverse range of key stakeholder including Government
- High level presentation and communications skills, both written and verbal
- An ideas generator and broker with the ability to negotiate and collaborate with industry and R&D providers in Australia and internationally
- Tenacious, innovative, self-confident, resilient, client focused, and committed to the values of the company.
This is a rare opportunity for a service orientated and customer focussed professional to lead this high-profile services company with a diverse and broad group of stakeholders. FWPA has a non-discriminatory and diversity policy that will ensure that the successful applicant will be selected on key skills, attributes, and ability. An attractive remuneration package is on offer to attract candidates of the highest calibre. To enquire please phone Mick Hay or Nigel Crawley on 1300 380701 or apply via www.rimfireresources.com.au by COB Friday 5th November.