Working for Wayss
- Full time, ongoing
- Located in Southern Melbourne area
- Professional development and career advancement opportunities
- Inclusive and diverse team environment
- Wayss encourages creativity and innovative thinking
- Opportunity to work from home up to 2 days per week
- WFH desktop equipment provided
- Salary range $88,761 to $92,773 (SCHADS Level 5)
- Generous salary packaging benefits up to $15,900 per annum
- Five weeks annual leave
Our people matter. Without them, we would be unable to make a meaningful impact in the lives of people facing homelessness and family violence. This is our motivation in creating Wayss as a great place to work.
Wayss is the largest provider of family violence, homelessness, housing and services in the South East Melbourne area. We exist so people can live a life free from family violence and have access to safe, sustainable, and affordable housing.
We deliver funded services and programs across the Southern Melbourne Area including the local government areas of Greater Dandenong, Frankston, Casey and Cardinia.
Wayss Family Violence programs deliver a range of services in response to women and children experiencing or escaping family violence. They include:
• Family Violence Refuge
• Rapid Response, including after-hours support
• Case Management
• Crisis Intake
• Personal Safety Initiative
• Family Violence Housing Pathways
• Therapeutic children’s work
• Family Advocacy and Support Services (FASS), based at Family Court
• Family Violence/Child Protection Partnership
• The Orange Door, Southern Melbourne area About the role
This position sits within the Family Violence Recovery Program, the position provides assessment and Case Management to women and children who have or are experiencing family violence. This program supports and advocates for victim survivors of Family Violence to manage their risk and safety whilst enabling them to build skills to achieve their goals, live their life independently and free from violence. About you
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Social Work or a related discipline. (Compliant with Family Violence Minimum Qualifications Rec. 209 or a willingness to work towards gaining those qualifications. As per the minimum mandatory qualification's requirements via https://www.vic.gov.au/mandatory-minimum-qualifications-specialist-family-violence-practitioners.
- Experience in a family violence focused role is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the gendered nature of family violence and the impacts on families.
- Resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other services and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously under limited direction.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to improving service delivery and practice.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds in a variety of settings.
This role requires a current Driver’s Licence and valid ‘Employment’ category - Working with Children Check clearance. The candidate will need to have successfully completed Wayss pre-employment screening, a police check and provide evidence of full Covid-19 vaccination compliance. Applications
Applications close 9am, 2 April 2023.
Please ensure you include a covering letter, outlining your experience in relation to the "About You" section in the Position Description. Enquiries about the position can be directed to Angela Temba, Manager, Family Violence Recovery Program on 0413 167 897.
The Position Description can be obtained by visiting https://www.wayss.org.au/careers-at-wayss/
Wayss is proud to be an inclusive and child safe organisation.
Wayss is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to being an organisation that embraces a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion within our workforce and approach to service delivery. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic communities, people of all ages and LGBTIQ people. Wayss is a proud Rainbow Tick accredited organisation that welcomes everyone across the LGBTIQ community.