Rocket Lab is opening access to space to improve life on Earth. Rocket Lab is a Kiwi-American orbital launch provider building advanced rocket systems to deliver rapid and repeatable access to orbit for small satellites. This team is broadening the horizons of what’s possible in space.
As a result of rapid growth, our client is looking for a driven and talented inhouse lawyer who thrives on challenges to join its global legal team.
Reporting to Rocket Lab’s EVP - Corporate Development, you will be responsible for delivering high quality and pragmatic legal advice on a wide range of operational, commercial and corporate issues in New Zealand.
In this varied role, no two days are the same. As Legal Counsel, you will support the business in its day-to-day operations (e.g. reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts and advising on procurement, supply chain and workplace matters), advise on strategic corporate transactions and liaise with aerospace experts on regulatory issues.
To succeed in this role, you:
- have 5+ years PQE with high calibre corporate and commercial inhouse experience, preferably in the aerospace, transportation, shipping, or other high-technology sector;
- are a commercially savvy lawyer, an astute negotiator and creative problem solver who operates with integrity and respect;
- have applicable corporate governance and transaction expertise and skills
- have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrable experience working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders on complex issues; and
- are highly adaptable and enjoy working autonomously and as part of a global team in a fast-moving, high performing, start-up working environment.
As an active member of the corporate team in a global business, you will travel between New Zealand and the United States as needed. You will be well remunerated and enjoy subsidised meals, free parking and other great staff benefits.
If you want to be challenged, solve problems and roll up your sleeves in a business that is passionate about disrupting an entire industry, we’d love to hear from you. Applications close Wednesday 14 November 2018.
For further information, please contact Enjel Phoon BA LLB email@example.com 027 232 1044 or Kathryn Cross BMus LLB firstname.lastname@example.org 09 354 3543. Artemis Executive Recruitment is a premium executive recruitment, search and selection consultancy that specialises in legal, human resources and general executive appointments.
Please note that applications will be acknowledged by automated response to the sender’s email address.