The Company - What do they do?
First things first, they are an International travel insurer servicing the Australian market. Yes people, domestic and international travel has finally returned to similar pre-pandemic levels for us Aussies, and if you want to head off overseas, you'll be needing that all important travel insurance policy. From an industry obviously rocked by the pandemic, they are now full steam ahead and growing rapidly once again
What is the purpose of the role?
The Claims Officer role is here to:
What will I be doing in the role?
- Assess, negotiate and settle assistance and insurance claims in accordance with the specific insurance policy issued and instructions received from the underwriters.
- Coordinate Claims process to help drive the business forward. Responsible for assisting claims team in achieving optimal claims cost and the highest possible standards of service delivery.
What the company are looking for...
- Handle a portfolio of 10-15 claims cases at any one time
- Ensure all assistance and claims files are dealt with on a daily basis to the required standard within agreed time frames
- Reviewing clients situation individually and asses cases in order to ensure the right level of coverage of insurance is provided
- Process the payment of approved claims
- Liaise with different insurance companies and medical professionals
- Where appropriate, negotiate claims settlements in a cost-effective manner, which is fair and reasonable to customers.
- To be able to identify fraud and recovery opportunities and take the appropriate action
The person who gets this job will have claims experience of at least 1 year in an insurance organisation.
They will also be an organised, empathetic and service focused person, with strong verbal and written communication with a fantastic attention to detail.
Lastly, you’ll need to have the right personality type! You are dealing with people who have a problem they are hoping you can fix.
Why should you want to join them? 1) Flexibility:
They office is based in an idyllic
Sydney city location. You will be expected to be in the office 50% of the time over the course of the month, on days of your choosing. 2) The package
on offer is $70k- $75k plus superannuation. 3) Genuine progression opportunities
into management if that's where you would like to be longer term, or delve into other areas of the business as it re-grows.
So there you have it a recruiter job advert that includes all the details you need to make a decision on whether it's right for you.
*Something to be aware of. Only Australian Citizens or Permanent residents with full working rights can be considered for this full time, permanent role.
So if you like what you have read and want to make the step up into a closing role APPLY NOW
and who knows you might be in your next role in a few days time. Video Cover letters are very much welcomed.
The next steps would be a chat on the phone to discuss further.