As one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms, WSP is experiencing robust growth. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower in developing creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive.
We plan, design, manage and engineer lasting Water, Property & Buildings, Transportation and Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Industry), Power and Environmental solutions, as well as provide project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 48,000 talented people in more than 550 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great.
Due to the continued success of our Australian operations, we currently have an opportunity for Senior level Water / Wastewater Planning Engineers to join WSP based in Tasmania in Fixed Term Contract or Permanent roles.
The successful candidate will join WSP’s National Asset Management and Planning team offering a variety of opportunities, however, our immediate need is for someone who is proficient in Infoworks ICM to be involved in some exciting new projects. We are looking for candidates with skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Water and/or Wastewater planning
- Hydraulic modelling (water, wastewater, flood or stormwater)
- Concept design and feasibility studies
- Preparation of concise technical calculations, quality technical reports and engineering drawings
- Ability to guide Safety in Design
- Design or project management of small projects or discrete work packages
- Support/Management of project communications, project integration and the costing of proposals
- Have a Bachelor of Civil or Environmental Engineering degree
- Typically between 5 to 10 years’ experience
- Have demonstrated experience in design and/or planning
- Experience in water/ wastewater planning at either a master planning/ detailed planning level
- Wastewater calibration experience is an advantage but not essential for the right candidate
- Experience in the construction and manipulation of water and wastewater models, including the following platforms - SWMM, InfoWorks ICM, InfoWater, Water GEMS
- An ability to effectively manage budgets, systems and various stakeholders to achieve an exceptional outcome
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively
- Maintain knowledge and appropriate technical standards, legislation, codes of practice and Australian standards
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channelling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
We are the best professional services firm, positioned to be partners for tomorrow’s challenges. Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence. WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.