Due to the continuous success of our Asia Pacific operations, we have an exciting opportunity for Systems Engineers and Safety Assurance Specialists to join our Rail team. As a member of our expanding System Engineering team you will work with highly driven, like-minded professionals, committed to delivering the best solutions to our clients and to the community. Our goal is to be outstanding and we are passionate about technical innovation, and first-class service, solutions and advice.
This means we need people like you, team players, service deliverers, value creators and innovators. People with integrity, passion, technical excellence and a strong commitment to personal and professional growth. WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. WSP offers attractive Company Benefits and flexible working to help individuals balance work and life to be the best they can be.
We are a passionate and collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and innovative thinking, and seek satisfaction through channelling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues that helps shape our communities and the future. The Role
- Lead development of Systems Engineering and System/ Safety Assurance Management Plans as part of management plan schemas for delivery of system integrated with project management plans
- Plan, develop, manage and deliver services to clients using advanced and efficient systems engineering and assurance practice
- Lead systems engineering and assurance teams on multi-disciplinary major rail projects to deliver assured outcomes
- Perform, review, manage or assess hazard analysis, facilitate workshops, lead preparation of safety cases and arguments
- Requirements engineering and management including derivation, elicitation and allocation of requirements, verification and validation activities and management of change along with competency in tools (DOORS, ComplyPRO etc).
- Highly effective in consulting and engaging with stakeholders and design/ discipline leads including workshop planning and facilitation to create awareness and seek buy-in to collation of evidence and preparation of compliance statements to deliver assured systems outcomes
- Development of systems architectures, artefacts and registers for definition of systems and project interfaces to inform requirements, interfaces, risk and integration issues.
Skills and Experience
The suitable candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering) or equivalent (Post graduate Systems Engineering qualifications are well regarded)
- Working knowledge and applied understanding of systems, safety and reliability engineering and assurance processes and standards, such as, CENELEC EN50126, EN50128 & EN50129, IEC 61508, IEC 15288, the INCOSE handbook, the iESM handbook or equivalent
- Our role levels are based upon an individual’s ability to deliver against key objectives; as a guide an Associate level role requires 10-12+ years project experience in relevant engineering, rail or transport industries.
Personal attributes we value in you include:
Benefits at WSP
- Demonstrated ability to exercise a high degree of independence in approach, ability to apply good judgement and pragmatism in formulating solutions or resolving complex problems and issues with a Client and outcome focus.
- Rail or Transport sector knowledge, including tramways, light rail, rapid transit, mixed-traffic metropolitan passenger and freight.
- Technical expertise across a broad range of projects and across the full systems engineering or project lifecycle
- Ideally have a broad understanding of railway technologies that influence capacity, operations and infrastructure, including ETCS, CBTC, rolling stock systems, stations and network infrastructure
- Competent and experienced in providing technical expertise across a board range of projects and the ability to provide technical expertise to clients across the full systems engineering or project lifecycle.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- A growth mindset with the ability to recognise and seize opportunities in an uncertain environment
- Thrive on challenge and creating progressive and innovative solutions to complex issues
- The ability to work closely with peers in teams and build strong lasting relationships with teams and clients
- Performance driven, with initiative to anticipate and respond to issues with a desire to innovate and create value to drive continuous improvement
- Proactively build effective networks and industry relationships among peers and clients and ability to understand client needs, effectively anticipate, meet and exceed those expectations
- Passionate about delivering better outcomes for Clients and their end users through high quality, high value systems engineering and assurance
- Willingness to travel to support the wider national team if required
- Global career opportunities and the ability to work on the nation’s most exciting projects
- Personalised career growth and access to international opportunities
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives like yoga or meditation
- Organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options.
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Career Pathways Program for Young Professionals with excellent development opportunities
- Possibility to purchase up to 4 weeks’ additional annual leave
- Excellent Professional and technical development training opportunities
- Mentoring and career development programs
- Salary continuance insurance.
If you are excited to tell us about how your career has shaped you to meet the needs we have for this role, apply now and we look forward to hearing you story.