Full Job Description
At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long-lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 48,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 42 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
Due to success across our Australian operations, we have an opportunity for a Delivery Commercial Executive in our business in Sydney. Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be responsible for leading a small national team of dedicated professionals supporting Detailed Design contracts for large multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects across the Transport business. As well as being involved in the in the co-ordination of the project start-up, you will be responsible for setting up project-specific reporting, tools, systems & processes and allocating resources for the day to day monitoring and management of contract administration.
This role is pivotal in providing support and direction to the project leadership teams and developing a high level of commercial awareness within the business. Success will be achieved through highly effective training, coaching and mentoring at all levels within Transport.
We are committed to increasing women in leadership roles in our business and strongly encourage women to apply for this position. We are open to considering this position as a part-time role for the right candidate. The Role:
You will play a pivotal role in the preparation and coordination of contract correspondence on our major contracts in Australia. In particular, you will:
- Build relationships with the Project Manager, Project Design Leads, Pre-Contracts & Commercial team, Corporate Legal Counsel and the project team to leverage skills, ensure consistency and improve business efficiency.
- Develop commercial and risk management strategies to manage project risks.
- Support the project team in identifying and minimizing contractual risks on the project.
- Oversee administration of the contracts, providing guidance and direction to Contract Administrators.
- Manage the commercial strategy and negotiation process for major claims.
- Prepare and negotiate major subconsultant agreements as required.
- Develop/improve tools for the efficient monitoring of contract administration and project reporting.
- Assist the team in monitoring and reporting project budgets and remaining costs to complete.
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve systems and processes.
- Demonstrate good communication skills with the ability to explain contractual issues to technical staff.
- Promote WSP values ensuring a safe working environment is maintained always.
- Exemplify SHEQ behaviors around Safety, Health, Environment, and Qualify.
- Demonstrated experience in a contract management leadership role on large infrastructure projects for design engineering business/s.
- Ability to understand, articulate and achieve an effective commercial outcome based on a party’s ability to identify and manage risk.
- Excellent leadership, communication, relationship management and influencing skills.
- Ability to summarise, present and report on commercial risk to senior stakeholders.
- Ability to provide and respond to challenge at an executive level.
- Ability to adapt and respond to change.
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar or related role.
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channeling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion. Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future! Benefits at WSP:
- Personalised career growth and access to international opportunities.
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives.
- Organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options.
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices.
- Excellent development and thrive opportunities.
- Opportunity to buy up to 4 weeks’ additional leave.
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave.
Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.