At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long-lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 42,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come
We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program, and construction management professionals.
Due to the continuous success of our Australian Water Business, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer
to join our fast-growing Water team in the Melbourne office. This is an opportunity to join a dedicated and high-performing team of water professionals to deliver a range of significant projects for both public and private sector clients both locally and nationally. Role:
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Driving the pace and efficiency in the delivery of water and wastewater infrastructure design and execution projects.
- Civil design development and delivery through the full spectrum of the project life cycle to ensure work output is of a technically high standard.
- Managing the production and review of concise high-quality technical documentation
- Design and/or project management of a range of projects or program work packages
- Contributing to the growth of the team by actively assisting colleagues in achieving improved client feedback results, enhance satisfaction and exceed client expectations.
- Preparing and coordinating high-quality proposals and pursuits.
- Working collaboratively with a team including on large scale multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects and programs.
Benefits at WSP:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Typically 8+ years experience in the Australian water sector in a consultancy environment or with a water authority
- Substantial experience in the detailed design of water and wastewater infrastructure projects, with specific experience in pipeline and pump station design.
- Experience in the project management of water and water wastewater infrastructure projects.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant industry related to Australian Standards and WSAA codes. Previous experience with MRWA (Melbourne Retail Water Agencies) WSAA codes and accreditation with the MRWA would be advantageous.
- Chartered or actively working towards chartered status.
- Well-developed use and understanding of 12D modelling software, 2D and 3D CADD software would be advantageous.
- Understanding of related safety in design practices and processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
- The ability to prepare successful proposals with the correct scope and budget.
- The ability to submit technical reports to a high standard requiring minimal correction; and provide a final review of reports.
Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence. WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.
- We are open to applications from candidates who'd like to work Part-time or Full-time.
- Global career opportunities and the ability to work on the nation’s most exciting projects.
- Personalised career growth and access to international opportunities.
- A suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives like yoga or meditation.
- Organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options.
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices.
- Career Pathways Program for Young Professionals with excellent development opportunities.
- Social Club with lots of fun opportunities like Boxing Day cricket match tickets, movies, snow trips etc.
- Possibility to purchase up to 4 weeks’ additional annual leave
- Excellent Professional and technical development training opportunities.
- Mentoring and career development programs.
- Salary continuance insurance.