WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms, bringing together our 48,000 staff, based in more than 500 offices, across 39 countries to provide engineering and multidisciplinary services in a vast array of industry sectors, with a focus on technical excellence and client service.
Our goal is to be outstanding and we are passionate about remaining at the forefront of technical innovation. That means having the best people, projects, and clients, and providing the best service, solutions, and advice.
Our Sydney Power team is looking for an experienced Senior Power Systems Engineer to support our growing grid connection capability. Working with a dynamic team of engineers you will be interfacing with our clients, network utilities and the market regulator in the preparation of computer-based models, performing conceptual and detailed power system studies, and assisting clients in obtaining approval to connect their new assets to the electricity network.
Our clients and projects cover utility transmission/distribution systems and industrial/commercial electrical power systems with a strong focus on grid connections of new wind and solar farms. Additional skills in earthing system modelling and design would be an advantage. Required skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Proven years’ experience
- Strong track record in network planning studies including steady-state and transient system studies
- Experience preferred of the generator connection process under National Electricity Rules and working knowledge of Generator Technical Performance Standards.
- Must be experienced with the PSS/E power systems analysis package – DIgSILENT PowerFactory or PSCAD experience would be beneficial.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills, including the capability to explain complex technical issues to decision-makers and project teams.
- Experience in managing the grid connection process with AEMO, DNSPs & TNSPs would be a considerable advantage.
- Must have good English verbal and written communication skills, including report writing.
- Ability to work successfully in a customer focused, project-oriented environment. You will be expected to liaise with and manage clients daily with minimal guidance.
While this role is focussed on power system studies, we work as a versatile team so you would be expected to take on other electrical power engineering tasks as project needs arise. Hence, engineering skills in other aspects of substation, transmission, generation or other areas power infrastructure would be an advantage.
You will be rewarded with an opportunity to work for one of the largest engineering consultancies in the world along with a career path and supported ongoing professional development for a very successful future.
We are a values-driven consultancy and as such, our selection criteria are simple — we are looking for a team player who values service, integrity, innovation, and excellence, and has a strong commitment to their own personal and professional growth.
If you’re ready to join a leader in the engineering consulting world, then it’s time to apply. To express your interest do so by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence. Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.