At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 48,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program, and construction management professionals.
Here at WSP, we design lasting solutions in the Water, Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great.
Due to the continued success of our Australian operations, we currently have several opportunities for a Senior/Principal Process Engineer
within our Wastewater team within the Water group. We are flexible regarding location, you can be based in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne. As a successful applicant, you will be expected to lead or participate in the following activities and responsibilities:
Key Skills and qualifications
- Contribute to the growth of the business by actively delivering for clients and partners
- As a technical leader proactively maintain effective networks and relevant industry relationships to gain cooperation in meeting business and client outcome
- Act as a technical lead on multiple projects of varying complexity and size in conceptual to detail design phases of wastewater treatment projects
- Provide technical review of work performed by the team. Promote a culture of technical excellence within the treatment team
- Apply relevant State and Federal legislation, industry standards and guidelines as it pertains to wastewater projects
- Establishes project scope, time and cost management systems. Coaches others in managing competing demands.
- Review and verify engineering drawings and reports. Provide expert technical input to a diverse range of projects in line with WSP quality system and client requirements.
- Manage and contribute to projects (as appropriate), including providing technical review and sign off, risk management, commercial and project management
- Drive the pace and efficiency in the delivery of treatment plant design and execution projects.
- Maintain Chartered status.
- Provide expert technical contribution input to pursuits and proposals.
- Keep abreast of current wastewater technology and provide high technical expertise and innovation in the design and procurement of the project.
- Support and mentor staff in technical, project delivery and client relationships, including active participation in the Mentoring Program
- Active involvement in shaping the industry and events through committees, industry bodies and delivery of papers.
WSP encourages and supports ongoing personal and professional development. To be successful in this position it is anticipated that you will possess the following skills and experience or that you can showcase them through your career history.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in Chemical Engineering
- MIEAust or IChemE equivalent, preferably already attained CPEng
- Proven years’ experience
- Extensive experience in the water industry is essential
- Substantial Technical experience across a broad range of areas within the Wastewater Treatment/Process discipline
- Ability to prepare technical reports to a high standard requiring minimal correction; and provide final review of reports for large projects
- Hands on experience in Mass Balance/Design basis/Equipment Sizing/PFD/P&ID/FDs
- Biowin modelling experience. Extensive experience with unit process sizing and calculation of process requirements e.g. chemical and air demands
- Experience/understanding of why one technology is better than another for a given set of circumstances
- Experience in detailed design and equipment selection
- Substantial experience in identifying risk in the medium to large profile projects, HAZOP/CHAIR and related safety in design practices and processes
- Experience in management of multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in monitoring and managing the scope of multiple, varying size projects and applying business systems, including QA and OH&S system
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Profile as a technical treatment leader with clients and industry bodies.
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channeling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
We are the best professional services firm, positioned to be partners for tomorrow’s challenges. Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence. WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. #LI-AD1