At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 48,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great.
The Section Executive, Power & Energy
is a leadership role spanning over 30 specialist staff in Victoria. With influence across Australia, this is a highly autonomous and rewarding role where you make decisions supporting the future growth and development of the team in these exciting times. The Power and Energy market is undergoing significant change where you will play a crucial role in shaping our new energy market with our network, generation and powering infrastructure clients. You will continue to build off a solid base of highly valued technical staff, our IP and reputation in the market as leading consultants in Power and Energy. We value diversity, flexibility and look forward to another bold and strategic thinker joining our leadership team – this is a rare leadership opportunity.
The successful applicant will be able to balance a strategic view with a strong focus on results, whilst maintaining an approachable, professional and positive disposition. This position has a strong focus on the support and motivation of the team to ensure the delivery of projects on time, within budget and to a high technical standard.
Our Victorian business is our center of excellence for renewable and new energy markets, where you have a fantastic platform to continue to extend our services and support the growth and development to retain and reinforce our technical leadership. We work nationally and internationally and contribute globally and are future focused. While our current forward workload includes significant Wind, Solar and Storage projects, we are a team that moves with the market. Your future with WSP will include growing and managing a team, directing mega-projects or smaller projects. Working with our fantastic clients, you will also work alongside your team and our in-house engineers on our current exciting projects where we have landed key projects in the market place. We value people that are keen to adapt and learn. Reporting to the Director of Power within our AUS operations who reports directly to our CEO:
- Manage and lead several successful diverse high performing technical teams across AUS.
- Actively seek new opportunities to grow and develop the section in new geographies and business areas.
- Develop and implement plans to increase sales and promote growth.
- Ensure operational efficiencies in resourcing, business development and project delivery.
- Prepare annual budget for the section for review and approval.
- Be responsible for staff recruitment, performance, and engagement.
- Have accountability for commercial and financial performance with respect to profit and loss.
- Maintain section performance in accordance with strategic performance goals.
- Build, develop and maintain strong client relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- We’re seeking an exceptional and experienced business leader with significant experience within the Power and Energy sector.
Benefits at WSP:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to foster a truly engaged workforce with a focus on mentoring, training and development.
- Experience in facilitating teamwork and team building in a client-focused project delivery environment.
- Experience managing a complex and diverse business with multiple teams with a wide geographical spread.
- Demonstrated success in strategic planning, business development, and financial management for a Power and Energy business.
- Experience working within a Power and Energy consulting business.
- A relevant recognised tertiary qualification.
- Competent in managing a team budget and billability targets.
- Built and maintained client relationships.
- The right to work in Australia, or a pathway to obtaining a suitable visa.
Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence. WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.
- Global career opportunities and the ability to work on the nation’s most exciting projects.
- Personalised career growth and access to international opportunities.
- A suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives like yoga or meditation.
- Organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options.
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices.
- Career Pathways Program for Young Professionals with excellent development opportunities.
- Possibility to purchase up to 4 weeks’ additional annual leave
- Excellent Professional and technical development training opportunities.
- Mentoring and career development programs.