At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 42,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come
We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
Here at WSP we design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great.
We are currently seeking to recruit a renewable energy engineer to join our Power team in Melbourne to support our wind power Owners/Independent Engineering (OE/IE) capability. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, seeking a challenge to continue to drive and expand our engineering services offering for wind farm development across Australia.
The role will be responsible for the provision of technical advisory, due diligence and OE/IE services for multiple clients and exciting projects. Key accountabilities for this role are encompass but are not limited to:
- Qualified with a Mechanical/Electrical Engineering degree with proven years' experience.
- Experience working in a professional services consulting environment.
- Experience and competence in wind farm development and construction phase Owners Engineer roles - including:
- Drafting and negotiating specifications and technical schedules to construction contracts
- Assessing tenders and negotiating with tenderers
- Construction works compliance checking and progress monitoring
- Site inspections
- Commissioning and performance testing review
- Experience and competence in wind farm construction phase Independent/Lenders Engineer/Certifier roles - including:
- Succinct reporting of progress and issues to project investors
- Contractor payment claim review and certification
- Experience in conducting technical due diligence of proposed and existing assets on behalf of lenders, purchasers or developers/owners.
- Proven ability to lead and prepare successful multidisciplinary bids and proposals.
- Industry contacts amongst developers, suppliers, and investors.
- Familiarity with good wind farm maintenance and asset management practices.
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channeling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
We are the best professional services firm, positioned to be partners for tomorrow's challenges. Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence. WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.