At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 42,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come
We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
Here at WSP we design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Wind Engineer to join our Power team in Melbourne to support our technical wind engineering capability. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, seeking a challenge to continue to drive and expand our engineering services offering for wind farm development across Australia.
The role will be responsible for the provision of technical wind engineering services including:
- Wind monitoring services such as mast design, installation and commissioning.
- Pre-construction wind and energy assessments.
- Developer-support activities such as layout design, shadow flicker estimates and other environmental impact studies.
- Site climatic conditions analysis.
- Conducting site visits of green field sites as well as operational wind farms, including turbine inspections
- Power performance reviews including conducting site calibration work and PCV tests.
- Operational wind farm services including post-construction energy forecasts, wind farm performance reviews, and production balancing for multiple clients and exciting projects.
- Qualified with a Mechanical/Electrical Engineering degree with 4+ years’ experience
- Experience in wind industry especially working in a professional service consulting environment.
- Exposure with international standards for wind turbines and measurement of wind data, mast installation and PCV testing, WindPro, WAsP, PVSyst, Excel and data analysis and WTG site inspections. Experience in programming is favourable.
- Proven ability to prepare technical reports and prepare winning proposals
- Operate effectively as a member of a team.
- Experience and competence in wind farm development and construction phase Owners Engineer roles, including:
- o Drafting and negotiating specifications and technical schedules to construction contracts
- o Assessing tenders and negotiating with tenderers
- o Design reviews
- o Construction works compliance checking and progress monitoring
- o Site inspections
- o Commissioning and performance testing review
- Considered favourably:
- o Industry contacts amongst developers, suppliers, and investors
- o Familiarity with good wind farm maintenance and asset management practices
- Strong communication skills
- Desire and ability to be in a client facing role
- Ability to effectively work with a national team of resources, taking responsibility for the quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Ability to work autonomously on concurrent tasks with excellent time management skills
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channeling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
We are the best professional services firm, positioned to be partners for tomorrow’s challenges. Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence. WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.