At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
Here at WSP we design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great.
We are looking for a Senior to Principal Surface Water Engineer / Hydrologist
to join our preeminent Newcastle water resources team and provide technical capability on a number of large transport, land development and mining resources projects. About the role
- Providing high quality technical capability to successfully manage and lead projects with a hydrological focus.
- Building and strengthening client relationships and business development
- Providing technical experience in stormwater and flood risk management, hydrological and hydraulic modelling, drainage design and water sensitive urban design.
- Hold a degree in civil and/or environmental engineering, and ideally a post graduate qualification in water resource management
- Have at least six years’ professional experience in water resources, able to operate at a senior engineer and project management level
- Strong analytical technical report writing skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and verbal communications abilities
This is an opportunity to take your career and professional capabilities to the next level.
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channelling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
We are the best professional services firm, positioned to be partners for tomorrow's challenges. WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.