At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
Here at WSP we design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great.
We are currently seeking a Document Controller
to join us in our growing Adelaide office, based within the Resources
division. The successful individual will be employed on a casual basis. Responsibilities:
- Setup of document management systems and associated procedures
- Preparation and management of document numbering conventions and distribution lists
- Assignment of document numbers for internally-produced documents and key correspondence
- Daily maintenance of the document management system, including receipt and registration of documentation and correspondence incoming and outgoing
- Management of hard-copy controlled documents
- Ensuring documents are delivered to the required project participants (as per distribution lists)
- Remove obsolete documents from distribution and use
- Archiving of documentation at the time of project close-out and handover
- Generating reports relating to the document management system as required
- Identifying improvements in the system and providing recommendations
- Other duties as directed by the Document Controls Manager
- 2-5 years’ experience in a Document Control role in relevant industries, i.e. engineering, consulting, construction, mining and heavy industries
- Practical experience in the implementation of electronic document management systems (Aconex experience essential)
- Produce high quality work through good organization skills and effective communication (both orally and in writing)
- Ability to respect and co-operate with the team, sharing problems and accepting support
- Ability to gather information and ask questions to understand context and check assumptions
- Ability to react positive to change
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrive on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channelling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
We are the best professional services firm, positioned to be partners for tomorrow’s challenges.
Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.