At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
Here at WSP we design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great.
Our Resources team provides a range mechanical engineering design and project management services to mining and resources clients around Australia.
Due to growth, we are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Newcastle based engineering team. About the role:
- Working within a team of engineers to manage and deliver a broad range of mining and infrastructure projects, including materials handling, site services, industrial and maintenance facilities
- Project management
- Supporting the wider resources team and other teams within the company nationally when the opportunity presents
- To be a Mechanical Engineer with broad skills across a range of design and engineering areas (materials handling, mine infrastructure, industrial facilities)
- Track record of delivering mining and industrial projects
- Bachelor degree mechanical engineering
- Ability to build relationships and develop business
This is an opportunity to take your career and professional capabilities to the next level.
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channelling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
We are the best professional services firm, positioned to be partners for tomorrow's challenges. WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. #LI-DY1