WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms, bringing together our 42,000 staff, based in more than 500 offices, across 39 countries to provide engineering and multidisciplinary services in a vast array of industry sectors, with a focus on technical excellence and client service.
Our goal is to be outstanding and we are passionate about remaining at the forefront of technical innovation. That means having the best people, projects and clients, and providing the best service, solutions and advice.
Due to significant and sustained growth in the market and WSP’s market share we have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Earthing Engineer to join our growing NSW Power group. The successful candidate will take the lead in the further growth of our national team and market share in earthing and bonding with a focus on traction power work in NSW.
This is not routine engineering. Our group takes on the challenging projects where the infrastructure is operationally critical to our clients and our community, and where every design and situation requires a unique and well though-out solution.
The successful applicant will have a mixture of some or all the following:
- An Electrical Engineering degree is essential.
- A proven ability to provide practical real-world solutions underpinned by sound engineering analysis.
- Earthing and bonding knowledge for AC and DC traction power systems
- At least 15 year’s industry experience with seven years minimum experience in earthing and bonding.
- Detailed Knowledge of CDEGs.
- Sound understanding of TfNSW standards and processes.
- A demonstrated understanding of safety in design principles, and the practicalities of how safety is applied on site.
- Excellent communication skills with multidisciplinary design teams, clients, contractors and site staff.
- The ability, and desire, to mentor staff and build the skills in our teams.
- A strong network of industry contacts and strong history of business development.
- The right to work in Australia, or a pathway to obtain a suitable visa.
NSW rail industry experience is strongly preferred, however exceptional candidates with experience elsewhere will be considered, and relocation assistance will be considered for the right person. Experience with DC traction power systems is however mandatory for consideration for this role. To be shortlisted, candidates must make specific reference in their application to the DC traction power projects at which they have worked at a design verifier level.
You will be rewarded with an opportunity to work for one of the largest engineering consultancies in the world along with a career path and supported ongoing professional development for a very successful future.
We are a values-driven consultancy and as such, our selection criteria are simple — we are looking for a team player who values service, integrity, innovation and excellence, and has a strong commitment to their own personal and professional growth.
If you’re ready to join a leader in the engineering consulting world, then it’s time to apply. To express your interest do so by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.