At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Here at WSP we design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great.
As a result of significant growth in the NSW area we are seeking several Certified Occupational Hygiene Consultants with asbestos experience to join our team based in Sydney CBD. Your responsibilities will include:
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- Conducting asbestos monitoring and implementing programmes, including fibre count laboratory work
- Site surveys (including sampling and management / pre-demolition asbestos building surveys) and client liaison
- Provide asbestos reports and recommendation
- Provide site supervision in asbestos removal projects as the client asbestos consultant
- A current class A asbestos assessors license (or be eligible for one very shortly)
- Have 2 or more years' experience as an asbestos surveyor / consultant in the field
- Have Experience in asbestos surveys of various types of structures, asbestos management, maintenance and review etc;
- Hold a current Australian Driver's License
- Be available for interstate and international travel as required
- A degree in a Science, Occupational Hygiene and/or Safety Discipline or a related degree is advantageous but not essential
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channeling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence. WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.