At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 40,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
Here at WSP we design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great.
We are looking for a Principal, Signalling Engineer to join one of Australia’s largest rail engineering consultancies. As part of WSP’s signalling team, you will provide technical expertise in both the conventional and digital space. With the growth of ETCS and CBTC related implementations in Australia, WSP require an individual who appreciates the importance of maintaining the team’s capability for conventional signalling, whilst supporting the development of new technology.
As a member of our rail team you will work with highly driven, like-minded professionals who are committed to delivering the very best solutions to our clients and the community. With rail expertise, project management and client focus you will be responsible for identifying and delivering pursuits, understanding commercials, design and delivery of multifaceted rail projects. Responsibilities:
- Proactively build effective networks and industry relationships to gain cooperation in meeting business and client outcomes.
- Seek information to understand client needs and effectively anticipate and meet client needs and encourage client focus in colleagues.
- Define and implement action plans to respond to client feedback and exceed client expectations whilst taking responsibility for client satisfaction and loyalty.
- Manage and monitor the technical quality of work performed by the team and promote a culture of technical excellence within the team.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise for conventional signalling and automated train control systems (such as ETCS and CBTC).
- Review or verify and interpret engineering drawings and reports and provide technical input into a diverse range of projects and ensure that work produced complies with quality system and client requirements.
- Mentor junior team members in business development through participation in the Business Development Mentoring Program.
- Manage the scope and monitor multiple projects of varying complexity and size.
- Recognise the achievements and success of individuals and the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering) or Equivalent. Chartered status CPENG & RPEQ (if applicable).
- Typically, 10-15 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated competence in providing key technical expertise across a broad range of high profile projects.
- Competent in managing risk on substantial rail projects.
- High level skills in applying safety in design practices and processes.
- Demonstrated multiple instances of delivering best client outcomes/options which have saved the client costs/time.
- Competent in monitoring and managing the scope of multiple projects of varying complexity and size.
- Prepares and reviews high level and complex technical reports.
- Built technical capability of others (training & mentoring) and transferred technical expertise within the organisation.
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channeling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
We are the best professional services firm, positioned to be partners for tomorrow’s challenges. Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence. WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.