At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
Here at WSP we design lasting solutions in the Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas), Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great.
We are currently seeking a Senior Structural Engineer
to join us in a site based position, based within the Resources division. The position will be an initial 12 month max-term contract. To be successful in this role you’ll have:
Your responsibilities will include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering) or Equivalent
- Typically 8-15 years' experience in structural design and extensive experience working in consulting environment.
- Experience in design of mining and industrial infrastructure
- Experience in design of maintenance facilities
- Experience in design of materials handling structures.
- Experience in undertaking and leading structural Integrity audits
- Experience in leading teams of structural engineers and coordinating multi-discipline engineering project teams
- Experience in all stages of projects from prefeasibility through to detail design
- Working in a governance team in relation to technical assurance on mining related projects
- Reviewing detailed documentation and ensuring compliance with client’s requirements
- Working with the wider resources team and other teams within the company nationally and internationally to deliver clients’ outcomes
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrive on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channelling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
We are the best professional services firm, positioned to be partners for tomorrow’s challenges.
Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.